PB not updating code when update is confirmed

Post bugs related to the IDE here
IdeasVacuum
Always Here
Always Here

PB not updating code when update is confirmed

Post by IdeasVacuum »

PB 5.71LTS x64 Windows 7/10
I write my code with an external editor (Ultra Edit). When an edit is complete, PB identifies that a change has been made and pops-up a message:

The file 'C:\PROJECTS_DrvC_64\MyApp.pb' has been modified on disk.
Do you want to reload it to reflect these changes?

Click the reload button, the PB IDE momentarily flashes as though the file has reloaded - but 50% of the time, it hasn't. This is when the code is not being run, so in theory the reload should always work......

Has anyone else noticed this behaviour?
IdeasVacuum
If it sounds simple, you have not grasped the complexity.
Bitblazer
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: PB not updating code when update is confirmed

Post by Bitblazer »

Yes i nothing something similar. In my case i regularly replace 2 files of a project (the windows and constants definitions from purevision) while the project is open in the ide If that happens, i get the "reload" request and if i say yes, the reload is leaving the ide in a "half loaded" state. I can see the sources, but some functions like auto-completion or the function list in the ide are incomplete. I cant say yet what exaclty is wrong, but the reload function definately is not equal to closing and restarting the ide.

ps: i remember something even worse happened once when i rejected the reload and afterwards quitted the ide. Best way to deal with it, is to accept the reload and afterwards close the IDE and restart it, or else you can run into a dangerous state which even results in a loss of some sourcecode.