Post bugs related to the IDE here
#Ton
New User
New User

[PB 5.21 LTS] - IDE Crash/Error

Post by #Ton »

Hi,

I use Windows XP SP3 32bit.

I got the same error as follows: http://www.purebasic.fr/english/viewtop ... =4&t=58121.
I remember that i got this error multiple times with different sourcecodes even with previous purebasic versions (i think about 4.61 and later versions). But I got this error rarely and sporadicly (about three times a year) and I always used XP.

I don't know how to reproduce this error, but there are some main points:
When I edited some code an pushed a key (mostly it was the return-key) than suddenly that error came up and after closing the error-messagebox PureBasic crashed and closed itself.
So I started PureBasic again and I put the cursor exactly at the position like it was before and pushed the same key again and PureBasic crashed again with the same error. And you can repeat that forever.
But when I changed the code anywhere else a little bit and did the same actions as written before, than PureBasic didn't crash anymore.

So when this error cames up, you can reproduce this error with the same actions.
But after changing the code anywhere else a little bit the error is gone.
davido
Addict
Addict

Re: [PB 5.21 LTS] - IDE Crash/Error

Post by davido »

Without the code that appears to cause the problem it is unlikely that the 'bug' could be located.

Is it possible to find the offending code somewhere in History?
DE AA EB
#Ton
New User
New User

Post by #Ton »

No sadly not.

I'm not sure anymore but I sometimes set my computer in StandBy-Mode with open purebasic instead of shutting down, so maybe it could be a factor.

So I just hope that this error comes up again..
luis
Addict
Addict

Post by luis »

It happened to me too, more than once. The strangest thing it is last time the error popped out while I was doing something else in notepad and PB IDE was open in the background with a lot of files open, after probably 10 minutes of being idle.

Thanks to the recent addition of the history database (nice addition BTW) I've recovered the source code for a couple of files I had modified.

What I noticed is it *seems* to have something to do with reordering the open files dragging the tabs.

Every time it happened I had done so some time before.

It's quite annoying but sadly it's not clear the pattern behind it, and my occurrences are quite different from yours.

But it was already happening before the 5.21 release for me too.
"Have you tried turning it off and on again ?"
A little PureBasic review