Controls messing with the window z-order

Post bugreports for the Windows version here
chi
Addict
Addict

Controls messing with the window z-order

Post by chi »

With a 2nd (or more) window attached to the parent window, the Toolbar and TreeGadget (ExplorerTree..) somehow interferes with the z-order of the window, resulting in an invisible minimize animation as the window is now in the background. Minor bug but annoying ^^

Code: Select all

OpenWindow(0, 0, 0, 800, 500, "", #WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW|#PB_Window_ScreenCentered)
; CreateToolBar(0, WindowID(0), #PB_ToolBar_Text|#PB_ToolBar_Small|#PB_ToolBar_InlineText) ;;; moving or maximizing the window triggers the bug

OpenWindow(1, 10, 10, 320, 200, "", #WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW, WindowID(0))
; TreeGadget(0, 10, 10, 100, 100, #PB_Tree_AlwaysShowSelection) ;;; instantly triggered

SetActiveWindow(0)
While WaitWindowEvent() <> #PB_Event_CloseWindow : Wend
Et cetera is my worst enemy
Fred
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Controls messing with the window z-order

Post by Fred »

I fail to understand the issue here. But it looks like a Windows things, right ?
chi
Addict
Addict

Re: Controls messing with the window z-order

Post by chi »

Fred wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 12:00 pm I fail to understand the issue here.
I had to watch the gif 3 times until i remembered ;)
Fred wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 12:00 pm But it looks like a Windows things, right ?
I guess it's only a Windows problem... But you can also reproduce the "bug" with a single monitor and with Performance Options "Animate windows when minimizing and maximizing" on. Just uncomment the TreeGadget line and run the example. Now click the app icon in the taskbar to minimize the windows. As you can see, the main window immediately disappears (doing its window animation behind the IDE). Now comment the TreeGadget again, run it and minimize from the taskbar again. This time you can see the main window minimize animation... As I said: Minor bug but annoying :)
Et cetera is my worst enemy