[IDE] The "Configure Tools" window is permanently too small

Post bugs related to the IDE here
Little John
Addict
Addict

[IDE] The "Configure Tools" window is permanently too small

Post by Little John »

The whole "Configure Tools" window and also the width of its columns are so small, that it's often impossible to read all the text in it. The main problem is, that when i have increased the width of the window and the columns, the IDE does not remember the new settings. So when the "Configure Tools" window is opened the next time, it is as small as before! This is annoying, and it's a bug IMHO.

Below there is an animated GIF that shows the issue with PB 5.62 x64 (on Windows 10).
Using PB 5.70 beta 1, the situation is even worse because the IDE is written in PB, and PB 5.70 beta 1 has this new bug in ListIconGadgets.

And my settings should not only be there after imediately re-opening that window, but also the next time when I'm launching the IDE. So the widths of the "Configure Tools" window and of its colums should be stored in the IDE preferences.

Last edited by Little John on Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#NULL
Addict
Addict

Re: [IDE] The "Configure Tools" window is permanently too sm

Post by #NULL »

In Linux it already works. It saves window pos/size and column widths of the 'Configure Tools' window. But I don't know how it's saved, a diff of the prefs only shows this

Code: Select all

[AddTools]
X = 1714
Y = 440
Width = 985
Height = 234
EditX = 1996
EditY = 184
; 
I don't know how the column widths are stored.
Little John
Addict
Addict

Post by Little John »

Hi, thank you for looking into this issue.

I've tested it now also on my Linux system (Linux Mint 18.3 Cinnamon x64) with PB 5.62 and PB 5.70 beta 1.
Unfortunately, with both PB versions here the problem is the same as on Windows.
#NULL
Addict
Addict

Post by #NULL »

Seems I have been tricked. It looked like it stores the column widths because if I widen the window it will store that window width and next time will automatically adapt the columns to that new window width proportionally, something like size 2:1:3 per column. So if I widen the window, that will be stored and also result in wider columns next time I open it, and across IDE relaunch.