Vector ClipPath pixellation issue

Post bugreports for the Windows version here
rlbivs
New User
New User

Vector ClipPath pixellation issue

Post by rlbivs »

Hi, when I use the vector library ClipPath function the resulting shape has pixillated edges as if the alpha channel data in the clip path is being ignored. If I render out the two shapes separately they are nicely anti-aliased. I am using the latest 5.50 demo download on Windows 10.

Netmasetro replied to my posting on the "Coding" forum and stated "The ClipPath example in the doc is pixellated as well. If you comment out the ClipPath and drawing text parts, the ellipses are nicely antialiased. But when you uncomment those lines the resulting path clipping is missing the antialias. In my opinion this is worth reporting as a bug, as the team may well be able to correct it. Or at least comment on why it's happening. It doesn't look to me like something that "should be ok".

I eventually created a custom filter callback that multipled the alpha channels of the two images which gave me the desired result (like a Duff-Porter Dst-In alpha compositing method)

Thanks much in advance,

Ron B
[blendman]
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: Vector ClipPath pixellation issue

Post by [blendman] »

HI

It seems when we use the "clippath()" function, all the drawing are pixellated.
Here is an exemple with clippath() only used for the eye, but all the drawings are pixellisated (mouth, head, ear..) :

and the same without the clippath() (and some changes in the eyes to get the same result as the previous image), a beautiful anti-aliasing :

On this 2nd image, we can see the other bug of the vector lib (the image saved is premultiplied).
But the vectorDrawing lib is so amazing !!! :D

Best regards.