PureBasic linux internal help, search enhancements

Got an idea for enhancing PureBasic? New command(s) you'd like to see?
Bitblazer
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

PureBasic linux internal help, search enhancements

Post by Bitblazer »

This suggestion refers to the Purebasic 5.62 x64 linux version, the windows x86 version does it a lot better

If you use search for a function like "date" using the purebasic help, you will get an unsorted result list with a large amount of hits. Locating the one i really wanted (the help page for the date() command), is really a mess to find. To make this easier, the result list should be alphabetically sorted plus the result which matches the most (its not "User Manual: Dynamic numbering of windows" at all which shows up on the top of the results and is probably just there because of the search order), but obviously what i look for is "date" (the purebasic command, simply select the result by default which matches the literal search phrase the closest, any additional char adds -10 to the score, any missing char -500, any results with a score worse than -500 will by default be removed unless the user wants "unsharp/approximate" results for example - just an idea for a simple scoring system i used in the past which gave nice useful results).

Also the Linux PureBasic help doesn't react on the enter/return key inside the help input field. Instead of typing "date + pressing return" which can be done purely by keyboard control, i am forced to switch to the mouse and click the SEARCH button.

ps: i honestly can't say if this (rather obvious) enhancement suggestion was done already, as both searches for previous requests resulted in a massive amount of hits, but none of the ones i did read, was even close to this. Excuse me if it already exists "somewhere", but the fact that i could'nt find it in a reasonable time/effort, probably points to either a board enhancement suggestion or a "board user" enhancement suggestion.