Dialog-Library - Wishlist

Got an idea for enhancing PureBasic? New command(s) you'd like to see?
Andre
PureBasic Team
PureBasic Team

Re: Dialog-Library - things which could be improved

Post by Andre »

Andre wrote:Currently you can't even resize included gadgets inside a ScrollArea (e.g. like a listicon, which should get a greater width, when the window + container was resized to a larger size) manualy with ResizeGadget(). At least this should be possible to adapt the gadgets inside a ScrollArea manually after dialog resize. :!:
I reached this limitation several times again now, and the only workaround is to use a ScrollAreaGadget / ContainerGadget in the dialog declaration and manually add all gadgets inside of it, to be able to resize this inner gadgets manually after a dialog resize.
But as you can imagine, this is a lot of effort...

So (again) this would be an important point and great help, if the Dialog library could be improved on this... (and all other wishes) :twisted:
Bye,
...André
(PureBasicTeam::Docs & Support - PureArea.net | Order:: PureBasic | PureVisionXP)
PureLust
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: Dialog-Library - Wishlist

Post by PureLust »

@Fred,

while you are working on some alignment and size issues within the Dialog-Library...

Maybe you can include, that hidden Gadgets will be calculated with zero size?

So even though one can't remove a Gadget without recreating the Dialog, this will have nearly the same effect and will be very helpful.
[Dynamic-Dialogs] - create complex GUIs the easy way
[DeFlicker] - easily deflicker your resizeable Windows
[WinFX] - Window Effects (incl. 'click-through' Window)
Andre
PureBasic Team
PureBasic Team

Post by Andre »

PureLust wrote: Maybe you can include, that hidden Gadgets will be calculated with zero size?

So even though one can't remove a Gadget without recreating the Dialog, this will have nearly the same effect and will be very helpful.
A very good idea :D
Bye,
...André
(PureBasicTeam::Docs & Support - PureArea.net | Order:: PureBasic | PureVisionXP)
Cyllceaux
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Cyllceaux »

oh.. I use the hidden gadgets to give StringGadgets, Trees and ListViews a default size.
My StringGadgets have most a Background text.

The Problem is, when you work with higher DPI a "width=50" is messed up.
But a hidden TextGadget with a Text has a perfect Width for this...
Or Gadgets based on Canvas

I use exzessive "Multibox" for this
PureLust
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by PureLust »

PureLust wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:05 am @Fred, . . . Maybe you can include, that hidden Gadgets will be calculated with zero size?
[PUSH] ... maybe as an feature-update for PB 6.00? :D
[Dynamic-Dialogs] - create complex GUIs the easy way
[DeFlicker] - easily deflicker your resizeable Windows
[WinFX] - Window Effects (incl. 'click-through' Window)
macros
User
User

Post by macros »

I would also love to see the first suggestion implemented (Calculate width/height of hidden elements as zero) to allow smoothly adjusting additional toolbars or elements. An example would be a color picker in a drawing application which can be hidden away.

Edit: To prevent changing behaviour of old software this could be enabled via an XML attribute.

The second suggestion of adjusting gridbox columns would be good too, although I do not deem it nearly as important as suggestion one.