[Implemented] Faster response in the ExplorerListGadget

Got an idea for enhancing PureBasic? New command(s) you'd like to see?
RJP Computing
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

[Implemented] Faster response in the ExplorerListGadget

Post by RJP Computing »

Hi,

I LOVE the explorer gadgets, but the ExplorerListGadget is a bit slow. I have many directorys and files so it takes a while to update when switching locations. It isn't updating nearly as fast as Windows Explorer does. It seems like there isn't any caching of locations.

I know it is probably me, but I really love this control and would like it to be SWEET :!:

OK thanks
Last edited by RJP Computing on Thu Oct 09, 2003 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Ryan
RJP Computing

Ubuntu 8.10/WinXP, AMD Athlon 64 3000+, 1000MB RAM, AC 97 Audio, nVidia GeForce 7600GT 512MB
freak
PureBasic Team
PureBasic Team

Post by freak »

This was allready planned for the 3.8 release, but I was actually on
too much vacations this summer :wink:
It's on the list.

Timo
quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur
RJP Computing
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by RJP Computing »

Freak you are awsome!

If you need help beta testing the control or compiled *.exe's I can help. We have a very unigue network that maps at least 11 drives. It also has a VERY deep directory structure. It realy pushed Windows Explorer to the max.

Let me know.

Thanks
-Ryan
RJP Computing

Ubuntu 8.10/WinXP, AMD Athlon 64 3000+, 1000MB RAM, AC 97 Audio, nVidia GeForce 7600GT 512MB
BarryG
Addict
Addict

Re:

Post by BarryG »

Hi, I am experiencing slow refreshes with the ExplorerListGadget, too. Even just loading it with the System32 folder takes about 5 seconds. I know this is an old thread and apparently "implemented", but can it be sped up even more somehow? I've tried hiding the gadget and setting redraw to disabled, but it doesn't make any noticeable difference. Five seconds is way too long for a gadget to refresh with new data.
Rinzwind
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: [Implemented] Faster response in the ExplorerListGadget

Post by Rinzwind »

I had to go back to implement my own virtual explorer view because of the ExplorerListGadget interfering too much with logic and uncontrollable refresh madness.