Hidden tab sources, files list save/reload

Got an idea for enhancing PureBasic? New command(s) you'd like to see?
luis
Addict
Addict

Hidden tab sources, files list save/reload

Post by luis »

I put them in a single request because I expect them to be used together.

WHAT:

1) The ability to hide a tab currently open

The tab could be hidden by clicking on it with a click + key combination.
The tab should simply be hidden, the source would be in memory as usual and would be used for autocompletion following the current rules as usual.
The little down arrow on the right would show all the source loaded, even the ones hidden, exactly as it does now.
Clicking on a hidden source from that list would make it visible again restoring the tab.
Breakpoints, syntax errors, or anything else moving the focus to a hidden source will also make it visible again.

WHY:

this would make possible to unclutter the work area keeping visible only the sources you are working on while still getting the advantages of the other files opened in the ide (autocomplete)

WHAT:

2) The ability to save and restore from file the list of the sources currently open.

The file would contain a list of sources in their correct order (as they are in the ide) and with their hidden state saved.
The file names could be stored with their complete path as long it is possible to edit the file and do a search/replace if needed.
Reloading a list would restore the exact workspace giving a warning for missing files as the ide does already.

WHY:

To have a way to work with a set of files in a way similar to projects as an alternative to them when some features are not needed and without the limitation currently present in the projects as they are implemented (autocomplete, inability to be manually sorted, etc.)

Even with the projects fixed, modified, upgraded, etc. these could be useful nevertheless and I would use them over projects when possible.
"Have you tried turning it off and on again ?"
A little PureBasic review
davido
Addict
Addict

Re: Hidden tab sources, files list save/reload

Post by davido »

+1

Would be useful.
DE AA EB
skywalk
Addict
Addict

Post by skywalk »

I am also in favor of reducing the clutter in the IDE.
I cannot remember if I made a similar request, but I would like to have the ability to disable/hide the File Tabs with a ShortCut.
Also, add a ToolBox called "Files". Then clicking or double clicking on an item opens and makes that file active. This way, the Edit area is maximized while still allowing file browsing/selection.
The nice thing about standards is there are so many to choose from. ~ Andrew Tanenbaum
davido
Addict
Addict

Post by davido »

Wouldn't this effectively be a request to STARGÅTE who wrote the remarkable ToolBar Gadget used by the IDE?
DE AA EB