My wishlist for PureBasic 4.50

Got an idea for enhancing PureBasic? New command(s) you'd like to see?
myutopia
User
User

Post by myutopia »

Hi,

I have a small request, not "advanced stuff" like the others.

When you compile, and PureBasic finds an error, it handles it differently for Procedures and Macros.

For Procedures, it jumps straight to the source of the error. You can just kill the program there and then, debug the software "on the spot", and compile again.

For Macros, it just highlights the macro, but shows the error in a separate window, but doesn't allow editing. You then have to scroll up/down, or search to find that error, before you can correct your mistake.

I was wondering if you could make the "error highlighting" for Macros the same as that for Procedures. Would save some time.

Thanks!
X
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by X »

I thought this was a wishlist for 4.50 :)

1. I would love to see some native expanded DX9 sprite functions, such as coloring of various corners of a texture, different colors :) There is code out right now that does that, and it works great :) I am only wishing though ... :)

2. I would love to see a native DX9 GUI library :) I haven't found any out (yet?) for 4.3x.

Ah ... I guess that is it for me. I really don't have any wishes other then the above. And those are only DX9 related :(
Num3
PureBasic Expert
PureBasic Expert

Post by Num3 »

My whishes:

1. Update Hydrax to the latest version
2. Include SkyX in the Ogre package (it's from the same maker of hydrax and it integrates with it!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnOFggEB ... re=channel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYd1FXZxolg&NR=1
the.weavster
Addict
Addict

Re:

Post by the.weavster »

Poshu wrote:I would like PureBasic to compile under Android (google's smartphone OS)
Me too! I'd pay extra for that.
blueznl
PureBasic Expert
PureBasic Expert

Re: My wishlist for PureBasic 4.50

Post by blueznl »

Min() and Max(), and consistent type casting...
( PB6.00 LTS Win11 x64 Asrock AB350 Pro4 Ryzen 5 3600 32GB GTX1060 6GB)
( The path to enlightenment and the PureBasic Survival Guide right here... )
naw
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re:

Post by naw »

Kaeru Gaman wrote: there are a lot of services running on NT, 98 or 2000 worldwide, and it makes PB a handy tool to be able to cope with these versions.
(there are also some on DOS, but since this is 16bit it's surely not supported by PB - sad enough)
Sorry, I really don't think there's much NT/98/95 out there. And certainly not enough for Fred to care about.
My job requires that I audit customers server inventory's with a view to producing a consolidation report - so obviously I get to see (in excruciating detail) models, Operating Systems and Applications.
I do about 20 of these study's a year for banks, retailers, government, manufacturers - the inventorys range from a couple of dozen machines to several thousand. Studys have mostly been in the UK but have included machines located all over Europe, Singapore, USA, Dubai - so thats a pretty fair spread.

So I checked (quickly) through my studies for this year - over 14,000 servers in all. And I found 23 NT4, 2 NT3.51, 1 Win95, 0 Win98 and 2 DOS. So - in the business world NT / Dos / Win9x is dead and gone.

I also have my own 1940's Swing Dance website (nothing to do with the day job) and use Google Analytics to capture visitor stats - 88% of visitors are Windows, 9% MAC, 1.6% Linux. Of those Windows users, 60% are Win XP, 35% are Vista, 2.5% is Win2003, 1% is WinNT, 1% in Win2000. No DOS, No Win9x.

So there's the evidence - WindowsNT is dead, Windows95 is dead, DOS is dead, Windows2000 is almost dead.

<EDIT>
haha - this is the 2nd time I posted this reply - oh well, having a senile moment, I guess
</EDIT>
Ta - N
Foz
Addict
Addict

Post by Foz »

At work we have 2003 servers, and about a 50-50 split of 2000 and xp workstations. A few dial in use all other windows versions (except 95 and below)
USCode
Addict
Addict

Operating System Market Share by Version

Post by USCode »

Denis
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Denis »

My wishes :D

- switch EnableUnicode/EnableAscii for freer compilation (instead using prototypes)

- management of unsigned types
A+
Denis
Denis
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Denis »

and this too (really a lack) to use a linked list elsewhere without to share it.

Code: Select all

NewList essai.integer()

AddElement(essai())
essai()\i = 15

AddElement(essai())
essai()\i = 16

AddElement(essai())
essai()\i = 17

Structure MyStruc
   x.i
   MyList.integer List 
EndStructure

var.MyStruc\x = 10
var.MyStruc\MyList = AddressOf(essai())

then, it is possible To use var\MyList As a linketlist, witch means that var\MyList is "like" a pointer

If AddElement(var\MyList())
   var\MyList()\i = 35
   ; its really changes essai.integer()

EndIf
A+
Denis
srod
PureBasic Expert
PureBasic Expert

Post by srod »

Being able to embed dynamic lists / arrays / maps within arbitrary structures, for my money, is the most pressing requirement now for PB - at least in terms of the work I do. :wink: Not a complaint as such because PB is awesome and there are always ways around such things. In these cases I simply use a suite of utilities which I have built up over the years. Still, adding this natively to PB would, to my mind, plug the last remaining gap for me. :)
I may look like a mule, but I'm not a complete ass.
Denis
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Denis »

On the project i'm working on, it's really really really a problem, especially with callback functions.
I know that it was previously asked, but Father Christmas will be soon here :mrgreen:, on the forum ...
srod wrote: Not a complaint as such because PB is awesome and there are always ways around such things.
i ofen have Microsoft headache :mrgreen: and sometimes PB ones
:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

May be i missed something about your suite of utilities... don't remember :D
A+
Denis
srod
PureBasic Expert
PureBasic Expert

Post by srod »

Denis wrote:May be i missed something about your suite of utilities... don't remember :D
Is there something specific which you are in need of?
Denis
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Denis »

srod wrote:
Denis wrote:May be i missed something about your suite of utilities... don't remember :D
Is there something specific which you are in need of?
Yes srod, dynamic Linked list managment like i have sent my wishes.
If you 've got a (an easy :mrgreen: ) solution, i get it :wink:
Tks
A+
Denis
srod
PureBasic Expert
PureBasic Expert

Post by srod »

I actually use linked lists very very rarely because I prefer more direct access to the elements. I generally thus stick to dynamic arrays and hash-tables, both of which I embed within structures/objects through some utilities. My linked list tools are very old and very... crap! :) There are far better available through these forums. I think Trond (amongst many others) released such a utility.