That is what I miss....

Got an idea for enhancing PureBasic? New command(s) you'd like to see?
BackupUser
PureBasic Guru
PureBasic Guru

Post by BackupUser »

Restored from previous forum. Originally posted by tranquil.

Howdy ho!!

Here we go:

- WaitEvent(#TAGS) -> Waits for the defined Events (Gadget|Network|String|Keyboard|Drag'n'Drop)
- Drag'n'Drop funktionallity for Apps
- Seek Command in the Moviez Lib (e.g. seekmovie(#movie,TimeInSecs)
- Data$ and read$ for reading String out of a Datasection
- keypressed$ for detecting a keypress in a Window with Gadgets etc. etc.
- StringGadget with optional Length parameter
- StringGadget with optional Masking parameter (only Digits or only predefined Charsets)
- Some missed Networkstuff like how to find out some specs about an IP (is it a local one or the Internet IP?)
- TCPStream for streaming medias :)
- Printer support
- Grab Grafix out of a screen or a window. (Maybe out of other apps or the Windows Desktop)
- PlayMusic with codec support (for playing Mp3, OGG Vorbis etc. from installed codecs on win)
- General Codec support for encoding/ decoding
- Decode- Commands like in the Old BlitzBasic II Amiga version. (decodeimage ?label) for including GFX/SFX etc.in the Exe-File.

Okay, thats all for now. :) Possible someone can code a userlib so that Fred has not so many things to do. :)
That are my ideas. And at least: The SpriteSpecialFX lib is very cool but useless at the moment couse to many basic things are missed in PB to code real games. I think PC is more an APP-Coding language and here we have to work. Other opinions?

okay, bye!

Mike

Tranquilizer/ Secretly!
BackupUser
PureBasic Guru
PureBasic Guru

Post by BackupUser »

Restored from previous forum. Originally posted by fred.

Hello,

> - WaitEvent(#TAGS) -> Waits for the defined Events (Gadget|Network|String|Keyboard|Drag'n'Drop)

Good idea, but it's not possible to implement a such function on Windows (it's possible on Amiga tough).

> - Drag'n'Drop funktionallity for Apps

In progress..

> - Seek Command in the Moviez Lib (e.g. seekmovie(#movie,TimeInSecs)

Try the hidden command MovieSeek(Frames) :).

> - Data$ and read$ for reading String out of a Datasection

Try the hidden commands: StartDataSection, Data.s "...", "..."
Restore Label, Read etc.. Ok, I will update the docs :)

> - keypressed$ for detecting a keypress in a Window with Gadgets etc. etc.

Ok.

- StringGadget with optional Length parameter
- StringGadget with optional Masking parameter (only Digits or only predefined Charsets)

Hum.. Why not..

> - Some missed Networkstuff like how to find out some specs about an IP (is it a local one or the Internet IP?)

Ok.

> - TCPStream for streaming medias :)

Hehe, you can use the actual lib to do streaming.. No other special commands needed.

> - Printer support

Right !

> - Grab Grafix out of a screen or a window. (Maybe out of other apps or the Windows Desktop)

Ok..

> - PlayMusic with codec support (for playing Mp3, OGG Vorbis etc. from installed codecs on win)

You can use the movie commands to do that (Yes).. PlayMovie() will play anything (mp3, OGG etc..).

> - General Codec support for encoding/ decoding

Huhu, you wanna do a VirtualDub clone or what ?? It's a Basic programming langage :)

- Decode- Commands like in the Old BlitzBasic II Amiga version. (decodeimage ?label) for including GFX/SFX etc.in the Exe-File.

In the next release.

Okay, thats all for now. :) Possible someone can code a userlib so that Fred has not so many things to do. :)
That are my ideas. And at least: The SpriteSpecialFX lib is very cool but useless at the moment couse to many basic things are missed in PB to code real games. I think PC is more an APP-Coding language and here we have to work. Other opinions?

Which features misses ? Please give more infos.. I will do a real shoot-em-up (Raytrayed gfx, huge levels etc...) and I don't think I need extra commands.

Anyway, thanks for your nice and constructive report !

Fred - AlphaSND
BackupUser
PureBasic Guru
PureBasic Guru

Post by BackupUser »

Restored from previous forum. Originally posted by wavemaker.

Hi everyone:

I guess my wishlist will have to wait, since Fred says the next release will come next week. But here it is, just in case there's time to include some of it:

About PureBasic itself:

- Full floating point support, and basic math functions related.
- RunProgram() ability to pipe out/in data to/from another program (redirecting stdin/out).
- RichEdit support (my library doesn't work very well and it's missing some functionality).
- Ability to create dlls.

About the editor:

- Word wrap long lines (without breaking them, I mean. It's very annoying to have half the code out of the screen).
- Replace command.
- Beautifier (indentation correcting, etc.)
- Optional sidebar for fast access to labels or marked parts of the program (I think someone else asked for this, too).

About LibraryMaker:

- Ability to pass/return float numbers, arrays, list and structure instances to the functions. I know it can be achieved passing a pointer to a structure, but I don't know, for example, how to modify a linked list and let PureBasic know it's been modified.
- Make PureBasic include the libraries corresponding to PureBasic functions called by user libraries. At this moment, if a library function calls a PureBasic function and that function is not called by the PB source, the library containing the PB function is not included in the executable, so it crashes. This would also allow making PureLibraries with PureBasic.
- Documentation on PureBasic pointers, constants, etc., which could be used in user libraries.

Looking forward to the next release. Good work, Fred!

Bye,

Juan Calderón Alonso
BackupUser
PureBasic Guru
PureBasic Guru

Post by BackupUser »

Restored from previous forum. Originally posted by tranquil.

Oh, thanks for fast answer Fred!

You are right, Streaming should be possible with your "sendnetworkdata". :)

Wavemaker, you are totaly right, the Editor needs to be overworked. The Label-Bar on the right side is missed too!
And on my System I can not decrease the Fontsize!! Why?? If I turn of the Colored-Mode then it works.

Tranquilizer/ Secretly!
BackupUser
PureBasic Guru
PureBasic Guru

Post by BackupUser »

Restored from previous forum. Originally posted by plouf.

;Wavemaker, you are totaly right, the Editor needs to be overworked. The Label-Bar ;on the right side is missed too!
;And on my System I can not decrease the Fontsize!! Why?? If I turn of the ;Colored-Mode then it works.

;Tranquilizer/ Secretly!

its not anly in you its general prob...

christos