Read before posting feature requests

Got an idea for enhancing PureBasic? New command(s) you'd like to see?
Berikco
Administrator
Administrator

Read before posting feature requests

Post by Berikco »

dracflamloc wrote:Hello newcomers. As Purebasic grows many people will enter these forums and begin to use the great tools and tips, as well as request bug fixes and new features.

Please note this: BEFORE POSTING USE THE SEARCH

Chances are something you've discovered has been previous discovered before!

Now thats over with, I would like to say that the pb community has been amazing the past year and a half since I've been using this language. I really think its been growing well and respectfully since I arrived. Lately some posts have been made by relative newcomers that disturb me because they are one of the following:

1. Rude - This kills me. People are new here and are already starting to post demands about what needs to be done in Purebasic. Make no mistake newcomers, we welcome you and wish you the best with Purebasic. However Fred and his development team are small, and are human too. This is no Microsoft where you need to report something 50 times to get it to be noticed and addressed. If you make a respectful post of a bug or a well thought out feature request it WILL be read by the Purebasic team. If they don't respond don't take it personally and do not start insulting or demanding things of the team. Please realize that while updates are free, this does not ENTITLE you to updates. Fred and the Purebasic team could easily start a new product called "Fredbasic" and charge you all over again. They could create "addon packs" and charge you for those. They DON'T do this because there is a certain honor and respect among Purebasic users and the devs.
Taken from: http://www.purebasic.fr/english/viewtop ... ht=demands

Just want to add: don't call it lame if a function is not in PureBasic, and you think it should be in! Fred and the team will decide if a feature request is good enough to be added. Don't come over here with a list off functions that MUST be added because this would make PureBasic a killer app in your opinion.
No, we are not going to change this forum to "Feature Demands and MustDo lists" :wink: