ChrisR
Addict
Addict

Re: IceDesign

Post by ChrisR »

Hi Mohsen,
I thought, wrongly, you gave up :?
It was too bad to see the distribution problems... the interface was great
Very glad to see you're persisting and you still seem motivated.
The 101st try might be the right one :) , you have all my encouragement
I'd be happy to be one of the beta testers.
Mohsen wrote:Hi my friends,
All I can say is that this project has neither been abandoned nor failed. After the failure of the first version of Amitris, I changed my policy.This is my last attempt, I do not want to fail in this version either. If 100 different visual designers are made for pb, I will present this project as the 101th designer. Now, no matter how much time it takes, I do not care.

With respect.
ShadowStorm
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by ShadowStorm »

Greetings!

This is a very big project, very difficult!

I'm myself with Stargate on a module that would simplify the creation of editors...

We agree to share the code with you, I say us because Stargate already agreed to share our project for free, but I didn't ^^

Your project sounds very interesting.
But every new editor has to redo everything!

Our project is called Editors Factory, but the name is probably not good ...
It would make a tool to create object editors, for example to make a visual editor!

I'm proud of you, although I'm not testing your code, it looks promising!
I am French, I do not speak English.
My apologies for the mistakes.

I have sometimes problems of expression
I am sometimes quite clumsy, please excuse me and let me know.
Mohsen

Post by Mohsen »

Hi dear ChrisR
No, I did not give up. my biggest mistake in the alpha version was that I was releasing software development news earlier before the release of the environment.
So I had two major problems:
1 -Lack of thinking that there is a possibility of failure in any project. and I was really in some sections (such as containers control and ...) my mind was not working. :D
2- Being accused of showing off. (By some users)
so this time I tried not to publish news until I got the desired result. I do not want to say a slogan but I consider myself responsible for the enthusiasm I created in the users. the personal support of you and other users is a heavy responsibility for me. I hope I am not ashamed of you this time. and finally, if I have shown unprofessional behavior, I apologize to all interested users.

With respect.
Mohsen.
Mohsen

Post by Mohsen »

@ShadowStorm: Thank you very much for your generous comments and suggestions.
fortunately, my designer module has improved a lot and everything is fine except for the case (container controls and one or two minor items).If my current efforts fail, I will (probably) use a ready-made visual designer (.NET Core) for the project or something like this

Thanks again and good luck.
ChrisR
Addict
Addict

Post by ChrisR »

@Mohsen
There's no pressure to have at all.
The enthusiasm of the users is only a hope to see a new designer, more accomplished, modern, simple and user-friendly 8)

On a project I manage, unrelated and not linked to PB, Win10XPE
I could feel the weight of the responsibility with, over time, a certain notoriety beyond my real skills
I had to learn how to deal with it in order to remove all pressure and keep the pleasure of developing and sharing.

I hope you'll find a good solution for the containers...
Keep your enthusiasm and take the time you need. No rush.
When you wish and if you need, I am available for testing before publishing (If I see it, I don't get any mail notification from this forum!)

@ShadowStorm
Editors Factory is really interesting and I'm pleasantly surprised to see this collaborative work with stargate :)
ShadowStorm
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by ShadowStorm »

Mohsen wrote:@ShadowStorm: Thank you very much for your generous comments and suggestions.
fortunately, my designer module has improved a lot and everything is fine except for the case (container controls and one or two minor items).If my current efforts fail, I will (probably) use a ready-made visual designer (.NET Core) for the project or something like this

Thanks again and good luck.
.NET Core ???

I am willing to share the code with you, but it is strictly forbidden to pass it on to anyone else!
I'm not worthy of you, I don't know how to do what you do, I can't do it, it's all thanks to Stargate, I'm nothing, I just helped, that's all!
I gave him instructions and motivation, he coded them all, so I'm not worthy of much credit, just so you know!

Mohsen

Post by Mohsen »

ShadowStorm wrote: .NET Core ???

I am willing to share the code with you, but it is strictly forbidden to pass it on to anyone else!
I'm not worthy of you, I don't know how to do what you do, I can't do it, it's all thanks to Stargate, I'm nothing, I just helped, that's all!
I gave him instructions and motivation, he coded them all, so I'm not worthy of much credit, just so you know!
Oh no I think the misunderstanding has been created. I'm sorry I did not mean to upset you. :oops: :(
If I was strong in coding, I would have released the third version of the software by now. :o
I once received a source code from Chris, but I could not connect the Chris engine to thousands of other lines of code in my project. so I had to do it myself and rewrite the design engine. because you said your job is not done yet, I thought I would replace it with a complete designer engine if the cost of changing the engine is imposed. but if you or Stargate can guide me for container controls management,I thank you. also, if this environment is successful, it will definitely be published for free, because I do not need the money for it, and I do it because of my interest. therefore, I welcome any help to accelerate the development of this environment.
ShadowStorm
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by ShadowStorm »

Oh no I think the misunderstanding has been created. I'm sorry I did not mean to upset you. :oops: :(
Why would you say that?
There's no problem :wink:

I'm French, I don't speak English, I translate with an online software: https://www.deepl.com
If I was strong in coding, I would have released the third version of the software by now. :o
I don't know how to do what Stargate did, it's far too complicated for me, to give you an idea, I wouldn't even know how to put handles on a gadget or object in a web, well and at worst maybe I could do it, but to do it with several gadgets or objects at the same time, and move and resize them, I would never know how to do it.

I can't do what you did!
That's why I asked Stargate to make this module for me, because now it's super easy to do everything!

We immediately saw the value in it!
And there's always room for improvement or additions!

This is just the very beginning!
But it's an extremely promising start and already widely usable in itself!

Stargate will add, when it has time, the management of pivots as well as item containers, this will make the module even more powerful!
Stargate at one point, had lost all motivation for the project and to give up, I don't know why, maybe it was my fault..., I was sad, he abandoned me !, so I left him alone even though I was sad :(

But I came back later, then I came back to kick his ass, I said to him (Humor, because I didn't really say that)
"Come on, man, you can cry later, we don't have time for that shit now, no more sleeping in, man, get to work and get it over with!"

Well he must be motivated, and it's not the money that motivates him, this Stargate brave never wanted money, and anyway I'd probably be ruined if he did, I can't imagine what it must cost !
I'm so grateful to him and he knows it!

(Humor) If he wants when it's over, I could give him my heart, then he'll get two ^^.

I have the utmost respect for Stargate, thank you very much !!!
It's all thanks to him !

Yogi Yang
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Yogi Yang »

@ShadowStorm and @Mohsen,

I have posted a reply in Sweety VD thread which may help in IceDesign...

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=68187&start=165
--
Yogi Yang
ChrisR
Addict
Addict

Post by ChrisR »

I took back the dev on the same base and on the same principle with:
- Double left click to open a Container (go up a level) and add Gadgets.
- Double right click to close a container and return to the previous level.
You can also use the 2 buttons available in the ToolBar to open or close a container.

The advantage is to have the real Gadgets at hand with the tabs of a panel, the ScrollBar of a ScrollArea and to simplify the access to internal area.
(The drawback is not having a direct access to the child gadgets of a container or gadgets from others level.
It's a choice :wink:

There is still some work to do but I have made good progress :
- Display the main window with a popup menu to add a ToolBar, a Menu or a StatusBar
- Adding a tab to a Panel or deleting the current tab is done via a Popup Menu, accessible from the open Panel level
- Insert a Gadget with double click or drag'n drop from the Gadgets list, or with with the selection rectangle from the drawing area
- Redraw Containers when changing levels, with an active or inactive grid
- Added grouped resizing in addition to grouped moves
- Addition of 2 Splitters
- In the Objects list Tree, the gadgets of other levels are grayed out and disabled.
- Calculation of the borders of the main window and of the different containers to manage the limits and the boundaries of the child gadgets.
- Calculation of the offset, taking into account all the ScrollBars, the borders and the Splitter.
- Eliminate or reduce the flickering of the property grid, especially for the Panel and the list of options (a real pleasure :evil: ).

It is now an important step for me, to validate the model before moving on to the next steps with:
- the management of the grid
- creation of the source code & preview
- opening and saving a designed interfaces

I think I'm quite complete on the engine part but thank you for testing to point out any possible omissions, suggestions or bugs
and let me know what you think about :)

The link to IceDesign_beta74.exe is available on the 1st post
ShadowStorm
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by ShadowStorm »

Frankly, I am very impressed ! :shock:
There is still a lot of work but it's very clean and beautiful ! :D

To add gadgets to a panel, we do it with a double click, it's not bad this method ....
Good luck and thanks to you, I am following this closely :)

ChrisR
Addict
Addict

Post by ChrisR »

Hello Shadow,
Use a double left click or the "Open Container" button in the toolbar to open a container, CanvasContainer, Panel or ScrollArea and include Gadgets inside.
Use a double right click or the "Close Container" button to close a container and return to the previous level

There is still a lot of work to do but the main part, the engine is well advanced.
You will have to be patient for the next steps but I need to check that everything works well first.
And I need some feedback for that

or in French (without DeepL)
Utilise un double click gauche ou le bouton "Open Container" dans la barre d'outils pour ouvrir un containeur, CanvasContainer, Panel ou ScrollArea et inclure des Gadgets à l'intérieur.
Utilise un double click droit ou le bouton "Close Container" pour fermer un containeur et revenir au niveau Précédent.
Amitris_de
User
User

Post by Amitris_de »

@ChrisR: The graphical interface has a big leap and is beautifully designed :D hoping for more success for you.
ChrisR
Addict
Addict

Post by ChrisR »

Hello Amitris,
I don't know where you are on your side on the subject but thank you
Waiting for more feedback, I will continue slowly
Amitris_de
User
User

Post by Amitris_de »

Why did you draw all the controls transparently?
if you create the image in the capture function like this.

Code: Select all

Img = CreateImage(#PB_Any,GadgetWidth(Gadget),GadgetHeight(Gadget),32,#PB_Image_Transparent)
and in the canvas drawing function, draw the images of the controls in this way.

If \Type = "Frame" Or \Type = "Image"
  DrawAlphaImage(ImageID(\Image),\X,\Y)
Else 
  DrawImage(ImageID(\Image),\X,\Y) 
EndIf 
you will have the real form of all controls instead of a pale image of the controls.

to draw the frame text, codes like this also works well in the capture function.

Select Type
  Case "Frame"
DrawingMode(#PB_2DDrawing_AlphaChannel)
DrawingFont(GetGadgetFont(Gadget))
DrawText(9, 0, GetGadgetText(Gadget), RGBA(0,0,0,255),RGBA(0,0,0,0))