Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: IceDesign (New) modern GUI designer

Post by ShadowStorm »

I would also like the French language ^^
I am French, I do not speak English.
My apologies for the mistakes.

I have sometimes problems of expression
I am sometimes quite clumsy, please excuse me and let me know.
ChrisR
Addict
Addict

Post by ChrisR »

zikitrake wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:13 pm 1º Can you work with multiple forms from a single project (like some 3rd party software does)?
2º Are you planning to add multilanguage?
I'm not saying no, but for the moment it's not planned.
For the multi-language support, it should be intuitive enough not to need it, I hope.
To be seen, depending on the interest and if the sales take off :)
zikitrake
Addict
Addict

Post by zikitrake »

ChrisR wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:22 am
zikitrake wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:13 pm 1º Can you work with multiple forms from a single project (like some 3rd party software does)?
For the multi-language support, it should be intuitive enough not to need it, I hope.
Thank you for reply :)

When I say multilanguage I don't mean the program itself, but the string values assigned to each gadget.

For example, If we have a:

Code: Select all

ButtonGadget(0, 10, 10, 10, 200, 20, "Standard Button")
Let the output code be:

Code: Select all

ButtonGadget(0, 10, 10, 10, 200, 20, LanguageText(1))
Sorry for my deepL translated english
ChrisR
Addict
Addict

Post by ChrisR »

Ha ok, I had misunderstood.
The idea is interesting but how should it be done in a Designer, through global variables allowed in the property Caption (ie: &Variable1) ?
I guess there are many ways to do it then, via datasection, prefFile, map, list...
The main thing is that, unlike PF, the preview and the generated code are fully functional out of the box.
ShadowStorm
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by ShadowStorm »

ChrisR wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:22 am
Hey guys, be nice, go buy his great software, it is too good, I want my French version ^^.
I am French, I do not speak English.
My apologies for the mistakes.

I have sometimes problems of expression
I am sometimes quite clumsy, please excuse me and let me know.
ChrisR
Addict
Addict

Post by ChrisR »

ShadowStorm wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 1:49 pm Hey guys, be nice, go buy his great software, it is too good, I want my French version ^^.
:lol:
zikitrake wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:42 am When I say multilanguage I don't mean the program itself, but the string values assigned to each gadget.
I will try to add it. It would be a real bonus for IceDesign :)
I started with this code for the Multi-Language support, which should serve as a basis.
ChrisR
Addict
Addict

Post by ChrisR »

IceDesign has been updated in version 1.3.4

2 new options in the settings:
  • Toolbar with icon and text: enabled by default, otherwise only the icons are displayed with their tooltips.
    Without the text, it should be "sharper" for High-DPI Screens.
  • Add Multi-Language support: to help create multi-language applications at the design stage.
    To note that this Multi-language option as well as the "Bind events in an include file" option are not processed for the Preview and for the option "Copy to the Clipboard"
FYI: When downloading from Gumroad, IceDesign.zip was blocked by Chrome here, it's a false alarm :evil: , you can choose the option to keep it, fortunately.

zikitrake
Addict
Addict

Post by zikitrake »

ChrisR wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:54 pm ...Add Multi-Language support...
:!: :!: Yeah!
Just purchased! Thank you for your work
AZJIO
Addict
Addict

Post by AZJIO »

I didn't like the buttons initially, but after trying it works well. I was hesitant to write, but I had 2 ideas:
1. Make a function to rob (steal, shoot) the interface of someone else's window. This will allow you to create an interface for your old programs made without using IceDesign. screenshot
2. Transparency option to position a transparent window above another window and add multiple elements. Not for the demo version, since you can add more than 16 elements on top of an already created window. This will allow you to add window elements to the interface of the finished program. screenshot
Caronte3D
Addict
Addict

Post by Caronte3D »

AZJIO wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:13 pm 1. This will allow you to create an interface for your old programs made without using IceDesign.
I also suggested the option of being able to import normal code, it would be a huge help.
ChrisR
Addict
Addict

Post by ChrisR »

Hi,
I've been a bit focused on the subject lately but I should slow down a bit now.
If I don't want my wife to kill me :lol:

It's sure that importing from a PB code would be a great plus.
But the syntactic reading is probably not so easy to do.
Do you have any sample of lexer codes as a starting point ?
There are probably already things on the subject here in the forum but I haven't looked for it yet.

@AZJIO Not sure I fully understand your 2nd idea and the goal with the transparent window!

Thanks for your purchase zikitrake.
:)
ChrisR
Addict
Addict

Post by ChrisR »

For those who have already downloaded version 1.3.4,
I have silently updated, to fix a small bug if the control name is longer than 40 characters, which should be quite rare.
AZJIO
Addict
Addict

Post by AZJIO »

It is difficult to analyze the code, there may be variables, functions, commas inside quotes, elements created in a loop. I meant that by clicking on the button, the program gives a list of visible windows, select a window, list all its elements, get classes, get coordinates, get window element style flags, create the same elements in the code. Example
Get classes: Button, Static, Edit, SysListView32, SysTabControl32, ListBox, ComboBox, msctls_trackbar32, SysTreeView32, SysAnimate32, SysDateTimePick32, msctls_updown32, SysMonthCal32, msctls_progress32, ComboBoxEx32, SysIPAddress32, ReBarWindow32, msctls_statusbar32, ToolbarWindow32, RICHEDIT50W

The transparency of the window designer program is needed to place the designer window on top of an existing window of a program and add a few buttons, which will then be added to the main program code. That is, you do not need to import window elements into IceDesign, but instead put two buttons on an already existing window, and then copy these 2 buttons into your program from the resulting code.
ChrisR
Addict
Addict

Post by ChrisR »

@AZJIO , In family, I could not answer you yesterday
I better understand what you mean. it's an original idea, not usual but an interesting concept.

If I want to do the import function, I think it should be done from the PB source directly.
Even if, as you say, it may be difficult to analyze the code, if the interface is not structured or with a mixture of variables and constants,...
So it probably wouldn't be really complete.
To see, I will let the idea mature for the moment.

With all the features that have been added lately, I think IceDesign is quite complete, enough to meet most needs.
To see how it goes, for the moment it's a bit quiet, after a pretty "good" start :wink:
AZJIO
Addict
Addict

Post by AZJIO »

ChrisR wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:00 amIf I want to do the import function, I think it should be done from the PB source directly.
the source code can contain hidden elements located on top of each other, as well as elements from different windows that can be called from a function, that is, located anywhere in the code. It will not be clear which window they belong to.