Compile Selection

Applications, Games, Tools, User libs and useful stuff coded in PureBasic
RSBasic

Compile Selection

Post by RSBasic »

Hello :)

In Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio (long product name :D ) there is a feature that allows you to execute only the code that is marked.
This is sometimes useful when you don't have to copy and paste a certain part of the code into a new tab each time to execute it.
With this tool this is also possible in PureBasic.

Installation:

Download: https://www.rsbasic.de/downloads/downlo ... ection.zip

I would be very pleased about feedbacks, improvement suggestions, error messages or wishes. Thanks :)
BarryG
Addict
Addict

Re: Compile Selection

Post by BarryG »

RSBasic wrote:This is sometimes useful when you don't have to copy and paste a certain part of the code into a new tab each time to execute it.
Not sometimes; always. You don't know how often I've copied and pasted bits of code (especially MessageRequesters!) to work on them separately without recompiling my whole source. (Actually, you do, because you made this tool). :)

I hope you don't mind me saying this, but I hope Fred and team are taking note of your tools, and will implement some of them natively into the IDE. Would that bother you? I'd really like to see this as an official function, and also your filtering of the procedure browser function. Nothing against your tools, but native is always better. They should obviously credit you in the "About" box for the inspiration if they do.
RSBasic

Post by RSBasic »

Thank you for compliments.
I have nothing against it, but unfortunately my tools are only for Windows. I am not familiar with Linux and MacOS. :(
If Fred and freak develop such tools so that they work under Windows, Linux and MacOS, then it's very good.

But it's not bad if my tools and other users' tools are optional and can be added at any time.
If every tool were native to PureBasic and SpiderBasic, PB/SB would no longer be slim and fast, but a bit bloated like Visual Studio. :D
BarryG
Addict
Addict

Post by BarryG »

RSBasic wrote:If every tool were native to PureBasic and SpiderBasic, PB/SB would no longer be slim and fast, but a bit bloated like Visual Studio. :D
True, but the tools you provide are the exception: they're small but do vitally important tasks, and should be in the IDE as a standard feature. IMO.