Horizontal Mouse Wheeler

Applications, Games, Tools, User libs and useful stuff coded in PureBasic
RSBasic

Horizontal Mouse Wheeler

Post by RSBasic »

Hello :)

I have a mouse with a mouse wheel with which I can scroll vertically and horizontally.
In the PB editor I can only scroll vertically, but not horizontally. I miss that a lot in the PB editor.
I have already created a wish thread in the forum, but I don't know when this function will be implemented.
Since I would like to scroll horizontally with the mouse wheel and not with the manual mouse click on the scroll bar, I have developed a tool.
With this tool it is now possible to scroll horizontally in the PB-Editor.

Installation:

Download: https://www.rsbasic.de/downloads/downlo ... heeler.zip

I would be very pleased about feedbacks, improvement suggestions, error messages or wishes. Thanks :)
BarryG
Addict
Addict

Re: Horizontal Mouse Wheeler

Post by BarryG »

I hope Fred makes you an official team member one day... you're doing awesome things for PureBasic!
infratec
Always Here
Always Here

Post by infratec »

BarryG wrote:I hope Fred makes you an official team member one day... you're doing awesome things for PureBasic!
But only for windows :cry:

And who implements the exact same behaviour for the 2 other OSs :?:
Shardik
Addict
Addict

Post by Shardik »

infratec wrote:
BarryG wrote:I hope Fred makes you an official team member one day... you're doing awesome things for PureBasic!
But only for windows :cry:

And who implements the exact same behaviour for the 2 other OSs :?:
I have programmed a cross-platform example to detect the horizontal movement of a mouse wheel in a ScintillaGadget on Linux, MacOS and Windows. It's similar to this example which detects the vertical movement of a mouse wheel in a ListIconGadget. But it's of no use for RSBasic's tool "Horizontal Mouse Wheeler" because until now nobody seems to have succeded in using ScintillaSendMessage() in a tool for the PureBasic IDE in Linux and MacOS trying to modify the contents of the IDE:
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=70359