Applications, Games, Tools, User libs and useful stuff coded in PureBasic
Joubarbe
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: DialogDesign0R V1.46

Post by Joubarbe »

Bug report:

free image hosting

When you hit the "delete" hotkey on one of the node, the application goes through the deletion of ALL nodes. On the screenshot, I've only deleted one node, then it deletes vbox, then window_1. Clicking "No" just pops up the window infinitely until you click "Yes". If you use the "Delete" item in the pop-up menu, things work as they should; only the hotkey is buggy.

Also, I'd like to ask if there's a way to add a tooltip to a gadget? I don't see anything in the Dialog library help section, I've tried "title" and "tooltip" as custom attribute: no luck :)
HeX0R
Addict
Addict

Post by HeX0R »

I've expected some bugs in the newly introduced shortcuts already, but this sounds like a quite bad one.
No idea, why I didn't saw that myself?!

I'll fix that as soon as I find the time.

ToolTipps have to be added later in your program, the dialog lib doesn't support this (yet?).
Joubarbe
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Joubarbe »

Two ridiculous remarks, while I'm at it:

1. When you move an item to a parent, it makes a copy. Besides the fact that I think the default behavior should be a move (and press CTRL to copy), that action creates another item with the same name, and that's a problem for DialogGadget().

2. It would be good to have a confirm popup when you quit without saving. In less than two hours I've managed to make the mistake of closing the window and losing my progress... (users are stupid!)

I'm really happy I saw your tool just before starting a new ui-based project. It's great! Too bad the core library is not as complete as it should be (menus, toolbars, hotkeys, taskbars, tooltips...). Good thing you anticipated that with the custom attributes feature :)

Thanks again!
HeX0R
Addict
Addict

Post by HeX0R »

Joubarbe wrote:When you hit the "delete" hotkey on one of the node, the application goes through the deletion of ALL nodes. On the screenshot, I've only deleted one node, then it deletes vbox, then window_1. Clicking "No" just pops up the window infinitely until you click "Yes". If you use the "Delete" item in the pop-up menu, things work as they should; only the hotkey is buggy.
I can't reproduce that, can you explain more precisly how you are doing this?
Joubarbe
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Joubarbe »

That's weird... I cannot reproduce it either. On the screenshot I posted, there was a text_3 just after text_2 in the vbox. That's the one I deleted, then took the screenshot.
HeX0R
Addict
Addict

Post by HeX0R »

Joubarbe wrote:1. When you move an item to a parent, it makes a copy. Besides the fact that I think the default behavior should be a move (and press CTRL to copy), that action creates another item with the same name, and that's a problem for DialogGadget().
That's the default behaviour of PB (no button -> copy, additional SHIFT -> move), to be true, I never found out how to change that, let's keep it as is for now.
Second part: I would expect the user from changing the ID and/or name himself after copying.
And as you can see it is no problem for DD, you can use the same Names, IDs all over the place and it will not crash.
Sure, in the end, it will be a problem of your app, but I think I can expect some brain action from the customer also, no?
Joubarbe wrote:2. It would be good to have a confirm popup when you quit without saving. In less than two hours I've managed to make the mistake of closing the window and losing my progress... (users are stupid!)
O.k. I personally hate programs which let me confirm any little fart, that's the reason I usually try to not use them.
But I can see your point, I've added it but optional.

I didn't upload it yet, maybe you can recreate that nasty bug somehow.
Joubarbe
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Joubarbe »

But when you create a new dialog after opening an existing one, you have a confirm popup. :)

Yeah, well, if you cannot reproduce it, it must be on my side. If that happens again, I'll make sure to make it reproducible.
HeX0R
Addict
Addict

Re: DialogDesign0R V1.47

Post by HeX0R »

V1.47

Anything else => -click-
Joubarbe wrote:But when you create a new dialog after opening an existing one, you have a confirm popup. :)
Yeah, but this has been requested also, it wasn't my idea :lol:
HeX0R
Addict
Addict

Re: DialogDesign0R V1.48

Post by HeX0R »

V1.48

see here
Joubarbe
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Joubarbe »

Thank you!
flaith
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by flaith »

HeX0R, thank you, your great DialogDesigner is helping me a lot :D
“Fear is a reaction. Courage is a decision.” - WC
HeX0R
Addict
Addict

Post by HeX0R »

V1.49
  • Fixed a bug where deleting an item ended-up in deleting all parents also*
  • Added Shortcuts for Undo/Redo (CTRL+Z/CTRL+Y)
  • Tabs will now show the Text in the Tree
  • Fixed Tabs being able to be copied to non panels
  • Added simiple Info/About Box
Joubarbe wrote:When you hit the "delete" hotkey on one of the node, the application goes through the deletion of ALL nodes. On the screenshot, I've only deleted one node, then it deletes vbox, then window_1. Clicking "No" just pops up the window infinitely until you click "Yes". If you use the "Delete" item in the pop-up menu, things work as they should; only the hotkey is buggy.
I finally was able to reproduce it, but it seems to happen only in the x64 Windows version and also only sometimes.
It seems to be a PB bug, because it sends the shortcut menuitem for delete all over again, without DD being responsible for it, maybe it has something to do with the AddKeyboardShortcut and RemoveKeyboardShortcut thing, I have to do, whenever the tree looses the focus.
For now, I just moved the BindEvents to the main loop, because I was not able to create a small snippet for the bug section.
This seems to work fine now.
Joubarbe
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: DialogDesign0R V1.49

Post by Joubarbe »

I knew it! :)
HeX0R
Addict
Addict

Re: DialogDesign0R V1.50

Post by HeX0R »

V1.50 of the Dialog Design0R has been released!

- Added Theme Support
- Added option: Show full path to xml in title bar
- Added link to Website
- Improved: Redrawing (will not always recreate all dialogs)
- Improved: Gadget on Panel selection

Due to some known problems (8 AV tools signaled something suspicious in virustotal), I left-out the AddOn dlls.
I didn't touch them anyway for a year, in case you need them, the source is still in the source package!

The theme support also seems to break some resizing dialog things in Linux, but I'm too lazy to create a bug report/small snippet.
Caronte3D
Addict
Addict

Re: DialogDesign0R V1.50

Post by Caronte3D »

Thank you! :wink: