"Drop-it Pock-it" ... a 3D billiard style game

Applications, Games, Tools, User libs and useful stuff coded in PureBasic
bmon
User
User

"Drop-it Pock-it" ... a 3D billiard style game

Post by bmon »

Hello ... Just wanted to let everyone know of a new game that I have created called "Drop-it Pock-it". It is a 3D style billiard game created with PB 5.11. It features multiple types of games to challenge you. Currently it is only available for Window based PCs though (sorry). I also have a FREE timed demo version of the game that you can download and try out. Please visit my website (Flash required) at:

http://www.pencilwedgees.com/games.html

You can also take a look at a demo video of the game in action from my website as well.

Tested on Windows XP, Vista, and 7 Professional ... Should also work on Windows 8 as well. Please note that you will need DirectX 9.0c also installed in order for the game to work.

Please let me know if you have any questions, suggestions, or problems with my website or the game ...
Thank you everyone for taking a look ... Bruce

[EDIT] Forgot a screen shot
Fred
Administrator
Administrator

Re: "Drop-it Pock-it" ... a 3D billiard style game

Post by Fred »

Very cool, I see you are using the built-in 3D engine :)
bmon
User
User

Post by bmon »

Thank you Fred! Yes, the built-in 3d engine is more than capable ... Kudos to everyone on the Pure Basic team! :)
sec
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by sec »

Great games,

- i have litle problem with speed stricke ball & moving oriention, Could you make it separate? increace speed of ball but no move oriention (by space keyboard, or ....).
- another problem (i think it's bug?): when screatched - ball reset with three balls:
- how return main menu from in game?
Thanks.
bmon
User
User

Post by bmon »

Hi Sec ... Thanks for taking a look at the game! :)

Question: "i have litle problem with speed stricke ball & moving oriention, Could you make it separate? increace speed of ball but no move oriention (by space keyboard, or ....)"

Answer: Using the mouse to control the game is something that you will get use to the more you play it. I think it provides a little bit more of a challenge doing it that way. Remember that the angle is always displayed on the lower menu bar so you can always see what it is in case you change something and need to line it up the shot again. But providing a keyboard equivalent might help with people who play on a laptop and use that built-in touch thingie pad to move the mouse around. So I will look in to possible adding the keyboard controls as well. Perhaps the left/right arrows to aim and the up/down arrows to control power ... then perhaps spacebar to shoot? ...

Question: "another problem (i think it's bug?): when screatched - ball reset with three balls:"

Answer: What has happened is that you scratched with the 8 ball ... the 8 ball was reset ... and then at some point later you scratched again with the 2 ball (blue ball) ... but since you hadn't moved the 8 ball from it's reset position, the 2 ball was reset on top (all single ball resets are to the same location on the table). Is it a bug? I like to think of it as a type of an "easter egg" discovery. If you were to scratch again with a another single ball, they will tumble over as expected when that third ball is reset. :)

Question: "how return main menu from in game?"

Answer: On the in-game menu, go all the way over to the left side of the screen where the three balls are displayed. That will take you to the main menu again.
bmon
User
User

Post by bmon »

Wanted to announce that I have updated the Drop-it Pock-it game and it now includes the option to control the shot with the keyboard as well. Use the LEFT/RIGHT ARROWS to aim ... and the UP/DOWN ARROWS for power ... SPACE BAR shoots the ball. Use the arrow keys in combination with the SHIFT KEY to change the rates in larger steps. You can toggle the control by selecting the MOUSE or KEYBOARD icon located by the cue stick and power display ... Hope this helps :)

Bruce