[IDE Tool] History Viewer 2.20 [Win & LINUX]

Applications, Games, Tools, User libs and useful stuff coded in PureBasic
ts-soft
Always Here
Always Here

Re: [IDE Tool] History Viewer 2.10

Post by ts-soft »

HeX0R wrote:But it seems, there is not much interest in this tool, so i won't put much energy into it.
I use it all days :D
HeX0R wrote:But it should run under wine, doesn't it?
I think this will not work with the ide. A real linux application is required, please :wink:

greetings - thomas
PureBasic 5.73 | SpiderBasic 2.30 | Windows 10 Pro (x64) | Linux Mint 20.1 (x64)
Old bugs good, new bugs bad! Updates are evil: might fix old bugs and introduce no new ones.
KGB_X
User
User

Post by KGB_X »

I have not tested it in windows but this tools seems interesting for me. Running it via WINE i'm not sure that the IDE is working.

There are several tools to to things like this but seems like a useful tool for me without adding relatively complex external tools for "version control".

I could always use diff, unison, cvs etc but that too complex..
HeX0R
Addict
Addict

Post by HeX0R »

O.k., i see.

My "plan" was to wait, if the PB-Team fixes those 2 bugs i reported, cause i have (at least for one of them) a very ugly workaround.
But it seems, the PB-team is lying in the sun those days :mrgreen:

Just wait a few weeks (will be just one week at home the next 4 weeks), if i find the time i will try to hack something together.
yrreti
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by yrreti »

Hi HeXOR,
I downloaded your first version with no problem. But it looks like you've been hit, hopefully
just on the web server and not on your computer. I can't download your latest version hv2.10, as
my anti-virus keeps flagging it with the Win32:Nedsym[Drp] infection.
Win32:Nedsym[Drp]
Trojan:Win32/Nedsym.F is a trojan that distributes spam email messages. It also collects information
about the affected computer and sends it back to its command and control (C&C) server.

I know that there is always the possibility of false positives, but the fact that the first version was okay,
I thought it best to pass that information back to you so you can take corrective action if needed.
HeX0R
Addict
Addict

Post by HeX0R »

There is no virus inside.

Even avast is now saying (directly after compiling) something about Win32:Nedsym.
It seems they updated their signatures, last time i compiled, there were no message at all.

Well o.k., avast should shut up somewhere in the future (sent as false positive).

[Edit]
Check for yourself, the following (senseless) code gets marked (through avast at least) as Win32:Nedsym [Drp] when compiled with PB4.51:

Code: Select all

ImportC "zlib.lib"
	compress2(a, b, c, d, e)
	inflateInit2_(a, b, c, d)
EndImport	
compress2(0, 0, 0, 0, 0)
inflateInit2_(0, 0, 0, 0)
CRC32Fingerprint(0, 0)
UseSQLiteDatabase()
UsePostgreSQLDatabase()
OpenWindow(0, 0, 0, 0, 0, "")
AESDecoder(0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0)
It's really easy to create viruses nowadays ;)
yrreti
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by yrreti »

Thanks HeXOR for checking it out. I was hoping that that would be the case. I just became concerned
because there was no issue with the first file. That is why I posted the above. I've been bit before, and
it's no fun
. But signatures do get updated, and sometimes they are faulty. I temporarily turned of avast
and downloaded it. Thanks for taking the time to check it out, and also for sharing your program.
HeX0R
Addict
Addict

Post by HeX0R »

Finally...
Avast and G-Data see no virus in hv.exe anymore.
McAfee-GW-Edition still means there is something suspicious (but who cares about McAfee ;) )

But i am not that happy with avast, to be true...
Whenever i change a little bit in the code and recompile, it complains again.

This makes things a little bit extensive in the future (first sent to the anti-virus-companies, then wait a few days and upload it).
Thunder93
Addict
Addict

Post by Thunder93 »

Don’t it almost seem like they using a ‘whitelist’? :p

No need to delay updates..., I trust your stuff, until giving legit reasons to not. :wink:
ʽʽSuccess is almost totally dependent upon drive and persistence. The extra energy required to make another effort or try another approach is the secret of winning.ʾʾ --Dennis Waitley
HeX0R
Addict
Addict

Re: [IDE Tool] History Viewer 2.11

Post by HeX0R »

Small bugfix version V2.11

(Singlequotes fixed)

The bad news: still no linux version, sorry.
Good news: Nothing suspicious found on virustotal!

You can easily update within historyviewer (? / Check for update)
Thunder93
Addict
Addict

Post by Thunder93 »

Thanks HeX0R!

You really made a great IDE tool! I think of this tool as necessity, and it really beats manually making file copies on every significant changes.

Quick question; when renaming a file, what is the best approach to relinking the existing db to the renamed file? Thanks.
ʽʽSuccess is almost totally dependent upon drive and persistence. The extra energy required to make another effort or try another approach is the secret of winning.ʾʾ --Dennis Waitley
HeX0R
Addict
Addict

Post by HeX0R »

Thunder93 wrote: Quick question; when renaming a file, what is the best approach to relinking the existing db to the renamed file? Thanks.
Hmm... the only possibility i can think of is to rename the filename directly in the database.
All of the historys will stay bundled, cause they are linked to the file IDs not the name.

Are you renaming your files often?
Maybe i can add a special task then, but if you just need it once a month this would be quite senseless.

(What database are you using? SQLite?
Then i maybe can help you with a few lines of code to rename the file in the database)
Thunder93
Addict
Addict

Post by Thunder93 »

Hi HeX0R,

Yes, I do tend to-do that, I need to learn how to rename appropriately the first time! .. I keep telling myself that, never happens though.

Yes, I’m using the default, SQLite .. I’ve checked to make sure.
HeX0R
Addict
Addict

Re: [IDE Tool] History Viewer 2.12

Post by HeX0R »

O.k., i added the possibility to rename files and/or folders.
Hope i didn't make any mistake (it's extreme hot here and i didn't drink any beer yet, so my brain is not yet completely booted...),
please check again for updates inside history viewer.
Thunder93
Addict
Addict

Post by Thunder93 »

Renaming works great! Many Thanks!
Also Is a merge a difficult process?
HeX0R
Addict
Addict

Post by HeX0R »

Thunder93 wrote:Also Is a merge a difficult process?
The only possibility is to merge your codes together, historyviewer will then add the merged data to the master history.
You will then have a new version added to the master history and those you've merged stay as corpses.

You also can sent those corpses to the archive.