Explorer Reloaded

Applications, Games, Tools, User libs and useful stuff coded in PureBasic
lexvictory
Addict
Addict

Explorer Reloaded

Post by lexvictory »

I'd like some opinions on a file browser I've been coding.
Eventually it will look something like this (menu bar will be added):
(click for larger image)
CMD panel inspired by Dolphin on KDE

If you want to try it: http://demonioardente.us.to/pb/ExplorerReloaded.zip (contains 64 and 32 bit versions)
Due to some teething issues, the CMD gadget doesn't appear in this version. (it loves stealing the focus)

Features:
- Tabs (double click on existing tabs to create a new one, middle (wheel) click to close)
- Automatically captures explorer windows when open
--- disabled in 32bit version on x64 OS
--- F3 to manually capture them (including x32 version under wow64)
--- Don't extract the DLL to disable auto-capture (should work fine without)
--- warning: this feature doesn't work well if you have QTTabBar installed - you'll end up with some invisible explorer windows!
- Able to view anything explorer can (control panel, network places, zip files, etc)
- Adds grid lines to explorer details view (will be configurable in final version)
- F2 to rename
- F5 to refresh
- CTRL c, x, v (cut/copy/paste)
- Tested on Win 7 x86 (so should do fine on vista) - sometimes crashes when closing the last tab.
Demonio Ardente

Currently managing Linux & OS X Tailbite
OS X TailBite now up to date with Windows!
walker
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by walker »

stumbled upon ... must say.. some enhancements and this will be my replacement for the standard-explorer... very good work! Works flawless so far (x86) - hope, the cmd-gadget will be available soon ... that's something I miss on windows..
lexvictory
Addict
Addict

Post by lexvictory »

walker wrote:stumbled upon ... must say.. some enhancements and this will be my replacement for the standard-explorer... very good work! Works flawless so far (x86) - hope, the cmd-gadget will be available soon ... that's something I miss on windows..
yeah, got it working - tho its not able to be put inside a splitter gadget. (its size will get added as an option when a preferences pane is implemented)
I had some IMA problems when opening PB files on XP x64, and it won't open control panel on Win7 (x64 at least, haven't tested x86).

So will probably tidy the source up and make it an open source project or something, I'm no expert in COM :lol:
(was going to keep it closed source for a bit and then open it up - bask in the glory I guess you could say 8) )
Demonio Ardente

Mistrel
Addict
Addict

Post by Mistrel »

Your window puts itself at 0,0 screen coordinates. The proper location is 0,0 of the desktop workspace (the screen minus the taskbar). I put my taskbar at the top of the screen and your window appears beneath it.

The detail view also should not have borders for each item.

Good job otherwise. It's nice to see the familiar right click menu for different icons. :)
lexvictory
Addict
Addict

Post by lexvictory »

Mistrel wrote:The detail view also should not have borders for each item.
It will be an optional thing when the app gets a preferences panel/dialog

and again, the screen coordinates will be memorised when it gets a preference file (plus it has changed in the latest version - might upload it later)
Demonio Ardente

Poshu
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Poshu »

Are you going to open source this? It's pretty awesome and I would love to take a look on the inside ^^