nxScribe - Multi language management application (ver 1.0.2)

Applications, Games, Tools, User libs and useful stuff coded in PureBasic
srod
PureBasic Expert
PureBasic Expert

Post by srod »

Well, if you can somehow get the strings into an Excel spreadsheet, for example, then you can simply run nxScribe, set up a language and paste the strings in one go - almost! :wink:

If you wish to do this then you'll need to follow the quite simple steps :
  1. Create a new nxScribe project and a language (e.g. English) and add the basic language groups.
  2. In Excel, create a spreadsheet with two columns. In the first column place the language identifiers (must be unique within a group) and in the second column the strings themselves. Separate these into groups.

For example, if you have created two language groups; ERRORS and TOOLTIPS then have ALL the entries for the ERRORS group at the top of the spreadsheet, followed by ALL the entries for TOOLTIPS etc.
  3. Copy (from Excel) all the entries for your first language group.
  4. Return to nxScribe, pull up the first language group, right-click the client area and select paste.
  5. Repeat the copy/paste for each language group.
Of course this is only if you can easily get the strings into Excel in the first place. If you're typing these in manually, then you may as well just type them straight into nxScribe instead!

Don't let these instructions put you off, I've done this myself and it is very quick and painless if you can get the strings from your program to Excel in the first place.

I will not be creating a tool for this because it all depends on how you decide to extract the strings from your program etc.
I may look like a mule, but I'm not a complete ass.
Hurga
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Hurga »

Thx for the hints. This will work for me.
Its no problem to take the strings from the IDE and put it in an excel sheet :-)

//P.S: It works also if I create a table in wordprocessing and copy/paste it.
Cool
Andre
PureBasic Team
PureBasic Team

Post by Andre »

Now added to the DeveloperTools section on www.PureArea.net too! :D
Bye,
...André
(PureBasicTeam::Docs & Support - PureArea.net | Order:: PureBasic | PureVisionXP)
srod
PureBasic Expert
PureBasic Expert

Post by srod »

Nice one Andre - a mighty fine addition to an already fab site! :wink:
I may look like a mule, but I'm not a complete ass.