TailBite specific forum

Moderators: gnozal, ABBKlaus, lexvictory

Arch
New User
New User

Tailbite&PureBasic4.50

Post by Arch »

The *.chm file for Tailbite includes:

"So, my advice would be to avoid string manipulation in your code (use direct strings, or only memory addresses), unless you're sure that the programs using your library will manipulate strings. Anyway, Fred, the PureBasic's main coder, has told me this would not be a problem in future PureBasic versions."

Is this still a "problem" with PureBasic version 4.50  ???

I am using  PureBasic Version 4.50(Windows - x86) with Tailbite 1.4.3 (I think).  

With that version, the above "problem" sometimes appears to still be present; but sometimes appears to have now been corrected by "Fred".  

However, it is quite probable that, due to oversights on my part, either possibility may hold true.   Before hunting thru my program code, to find where I may have inadvertently caused the appearance of either possibility,  I would like to more exactly determine what to hunt for. Hence my question.

Hope someone can help.

Thanks

TGJ
lexvictory
Addict
Addict

Re: Tailbite&PureBasic4.50

Post by lexvictory »

I do believe the particular problem mentioned that you quoted has been fixed; it was saying if your lib uses strings, and the program its used in doesnt there may be problems.

The only problem that I am aware of with strings is that a ProcedureDLL returning a string can NOT be used within another procedure in the lib. (see further down the page you quoted from)
Demonio Ardente

Currently managing Linux & OS X Tailbite
OS X TailBite now up to date with Windows!
Arch
New User
New User

Re: Tailbite&PureBasic4.50

Post by Arch »

Thanks.

I guess the apparent problems I had, with Tailbyte and PB 4.50, were all due to finger failures on my part. Everything now seems ok.

Problem resolved. Thanks again

:) :)

Arch