Beta Testers (Windows) for faster TB needed

TailBite specific forum

Moderators: gnozal, ABBKlaus, lexvictory

lexvictory
Addict
Addict

Beta Testers (Windows) for faster TB needed

Post by lexvictory »

While reading a TB related post here on the forum I decided to see if I could do some speed improvements.
These helped slightly, but I discovered that the asm compilation step takes the longest (especially in MultiLib mode)
Then I found a DLL version of fasm, which has slashed that time astronomically.

To put it into perspective:
Computer: 2ghz Pentium M processor, win 7, 1gb ram, slow hdd.
Lib: Droopy's Lib (multilib mode, not including keeping source files)
Time with stock TB: ages, feels like more than 10 mins
Time with testing version: 30 seconds (yes, 1200+ functions in 30 seconds total time)

Why does it need testing?
Because in the initial speed improvements, before fasm changes, I merged one or two of the ForEach loops, which has the chance to muck things up - TB is a strange beast.
Also because I need to be sure that if there is an asm compile error that it will be caught (though it should well be), and that the DLL version of fasm works as it should.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/tailbi ... p/download
To use, simply unzip OVER an existing tailbite.exe (make sure the dll is unzipped too)
Then use as per normal. This version contains support for 4.40 maps, which is supported in SVN, but has not been released as another TB version.
Please report back even if just to say "no problems"

Source can be provided on request, simply that my tb source folder is a bit of a mess and I don't have time right now to sort that out.
Demonio Ardente

Currently managing Linux & OS X Tailbite
OS X TailBite now up to date with Windows!
ABBKlaus
Addict
Addict

Re: Beta Testers (Windows) for faster TB needed

Post by ABBKlaus »

Hi lexvictory,

i tested your new version of TailBite yesterday and it seems to work fine :wink:

Here are my results :
Windows Vista Home Premium 64 Bit / PureBasic 4.41 RC1 / Core2 Duo E6400 / PurePDF2.14x86 wrote:coming soon
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit / PureBasic 4.41 RC1 / Core2 Quad Q9550 / PurePDF2.14x86 wrote:25600 ms / 8814 ms
Windows XP Profession 32 Bit / PureBasic 4.41 RC1 / Pentium4@2.00GHz / PurePDF2.14x86 wrote:37563 ms/25734 ms
lexvictory
Addict
Addict

Re: Beta Testers (Windows) for faster TB needed

Post by lexvictory »

Looking good =]
I'll clean things up a bit and merge into SVN soon (finally managed to get it working when TB is compiled in x64 mode, it just relies on an external program to use the dll)
Demonio Ardente

Currently managing Linux & OS X Tailbite
OS X TailBite now up to date with Windows!