PureFORM 1.99 (yet another FORM designer)

All PureFORM, JaPBe, Libs and useful code maintained by gnozal

Moderator: gnozal

Tipperton
Addict
Addict

Post by Tipperton »

I may have to take a look at PureForm...

I currently use PureVisionXP and like it a lot except for the fact that you have to switch between moving and resizing modes and that you have to use the right mouse button to move or resize gadgets. It's just not very intuitive or "natural" feeling.

I also tried the Visual Designer but ran into problems with window resizing where it seemed to want to set the size to it's liking and not to the size I wanted, I finally gave up and manually editted the resulting code to get the sizes I wanted.

Having the constant and code files in separate files doesn't bother me much, especially if its a project with a number of windows with a lot of gadgets, having it all in one file might get a to be a bit much.

From all the comments here PureForm sounds like it might be just the thing I want/need.
gnozal
PureBasic Expert
PureBasic Expert

Post by gnozal »

jbernard13 wrote:GNOZAL THE BEST
Thanks, but ...
jbernard13 wrote:PureForm is is better than VisualDesign
sorry pour Beriko ......
please avoid such comments !
It's just another tool, not intended to replace the official VD, but a different approach of form designing.
mskuma wrote:VD has the snap to grid feature and nice resize handles on the gadget
Yes, VD looks better.
mskuma wrote:I also like the way you can customise the constant names
On the todo list :wink:
For free libraries and tools, visit my web site (also home of jaPBe V3 and PureFORM).
gnozal
PureBasic Expert
PureBasic Expert

Post by gnozal »

Update

Changes :
- some fixes
- added : there are currently three options for gadget enumeration in preferences : Gadget_%NUMBER%, %GADGETCLASS%_%NUMBER%, %WINDOW%_%GADGETCLASS%_%NUMBER%.
- added : in gadget properties, you can now hide and/or disable a gadget (it's for building the form, it's not exported in the code). It can be handy in some cases, for example if you create multiple containers at the same position.
- added : you can create gadget groups (they are saved with the project). Currently available group actions : moving, resizing, alignment.
For free libraries and tools, visit my web site (also home of jaPBe V3 and PureFORM).
rob6523
User
User

Post by rob6523 »

My compliments on your integrity Gnozal!

You are doing a great programming job on this forum.
So does Berikco!
nicolaus
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by nicolaus »

I have found a small bug.
If you have set the Grid option to true, i see the grid in the window.
If i go now to the window properties and in the Panle-tab "Extra" an set the option "enable PureCOLOR" to true, i can´t see the grid now more time.

regards,
Nico
gnozal
PureBasic Expert
PureBasic Expert

Post by gnozal »

nicolaus wrote:I have found a small bug.
If i go now to the window properties and in the Panle-tab "Extra" an set the option "enable PureCOLOR" to true, i can´t see the grid now more time.

regards,
Nico
It's a feature :wink:
The grid feature is incompatible with the PureCOLOR window backcolor feature : both use the same brush (#GCL_HBRBACKGROUND).
nicolaus
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by nicolaus »

gnozal wrote:
nicolaus wrote:I have found a small bug.

regards,
Nico
It's a feature :wink:
The grid feature is incompatible with the PureCOLOR window backcolor feature : both use the same brush (#GCL_HBRBACKGROUND).
Aha :shock: :wink: ok but can you change puerForm so that if i set the PureCOLOR option first to enable and than to disable, i see the grid again ?
gnozal
PureBasic Expert
PureBasic Expert

Post by gnozal »

nicolaus wrote:Aha :shock: :wink: ok but can you change puerForm so that if i set the PureCOLOR option first to enable and than to disable, i see the grid again ?
Yes.
Done.
nicolaus
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by nicolaus »

sorry but i have one more bug:

1. make a new project and add a window.
2. open the "Window properties" and klick with the mouse into the gadget to set the width or hieght for the window.
you see that alltimes the focus change to the Window and you can´t set a width or height with number key´s, you can set the new value only with the arrow´s of the gadget.
gnozal
PureBasic Expert
PureBasic Expert

Post by gnozal »

nicolaus wrote:you can´t set a width or height with number key´s, you can set the new value only with the arrow´s of the gadget.
It's by design (it's the same in the 'Gadget properties' window, the focus change has nothing to do with it) : it's a non editable spingadget, so you can't type in some numbers like a stringgadget. It's for fine tuning ; for big changes, just resize the window with the mouse.
In the beginning, I had stringgadgets, but I didn't like it, so I replaced them with spingadgets ...
nicolaus
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by nicolaus »

gnozal wrote:
nicolaus wrote:you can´t set a width or height with number key´s, you can set the new value only with the arrow´s of the gadget.
It's by design (it's the same in the 'Gadget properties' window, the focus change has nothing to do with it) : it's a non editable spingadget, so you can't type in some numbers like a stringgadget. It's for fine tuning ; for big changes, just resize the window with the mouse.
In the beginning, I had stringgadgets, but I didn't like it, so I replaced them with spingadgets ...
aha, is it a prob from PB with this Gadget?
normal you can set the value in a spingadget with the arrows and also with set a value via kye´s.

regards,
Nico
gnozal
PureBasic Expert
PureBasic Expert

Post by gnozal »

nicolaus wrote:aha, is it a prob from PB with this Gadget?
normal you can set the value in a spingadget with the arrows and also with set a value via kye´s.
No, I don't want it to be editable.
But I could make it optional I suppose ...
nicolaus
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by nicolaus »

gnozal wrote:...
But I could make it optional I suppose ...
it sounds like good ;-)
nicolaus
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by nicolaus »

@gnozal

wat i must do to add a Splittergadget? alltimes i have e error message like this:

but you see that i have 2 gadgets into a Containergadget.

regards,
Nico
gnozal
PureBasic Expert
PureBasic Expert

Post by gnozal »

nicolaus wrote:what i must do to add a Splittergadget?
Splittergadget :
1. Create gadget 1
2. Create gadget 2
3. Select SplitterGadget as new gadget
4. Select the two gadgets you want in the splitter
5. Draw selection rectangle for splitter
6. Done
Just tested.

Important : if the gadgets you want in the splitter are themselves in a container (containergadget, panelgadget), right-click on the container and choose 'Add gadget->SplitterGadget'.
Example :
1. Create ContainerGadget
2. Add TreeGadget 1 in container
3. Add TreeGadget 2 in container
4. Right-click on container, choose splitter
5. Select the two treegadgets
6. Draw selection rectangle on the container
7. Done

By the way, I have added an option to enable editable spingadgets (not perfect, but works).