PureFORM 1.99 (yet another FORM designer)

All PureFORM, JaPBe, Libs and useful code maintained by gnozal

Moderator: gnozal

gnozal
PureBasic Expert
PureBasic Expert

Post by gnozal »

Update

- added gadget deletion shortcut : DEL key (delete selected gadget if his parent window has focus)
- added undo feature ('Undo' menu item or CTRL+Z) ; has to be activated in preferences (not much tested).
For free libraries and tools, visit my web site (also home of jaPBe V3 and PureFORM).
mskuma
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by mskuma »

Thanks. I tried the undo feature. At the very beginning, I had turned on the 'show grid' function. If I add a button, then delete it (using the new Del key - thanks!) and press ctrl-z, the button reappears but the grid disappears. This is a bug I think.

Also a suggestion - about the delete gadget function in conjunction with Del key, please consider adding a function that supresses the confirmation dialog, e.g. pressing Ctrl-Del will delete the gadget directly (with no confirmation). Sometimes you know what you are doing, and don't want the confirmation.
gnozal
PureBasic Expert
PureBasic Expert

Post by gnozal »

mskuma wrote:Thanks. I tried the undo feature. At the very beginning, I had turned on the 'show grid' function. If I add a button, then delete it (using the new Del key - thanks!) and press ctrl-z, the button reappears but the grid disappears. This is a bug I think.
Should be fixed.
mskuma wrote:Also a suggestion - about the delete gadget function in conjunction with Del key, please consider adding a function that supresses the confirmation dialog, e.g. pressing Ctrl-Del will delete the gadget directly (with no confirmation). Sometimes you know what you are doing, and don't want the confirmation.
I have added an option in preferences to turn off confirmation.

Please download again
For free libraries and tools, visit my web site (also home of jaPBe V3 and PureFORM).
mskuma
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by mskuma »

Thanks for your quick updates gnozal.
gnozal wrote:
mskuma wrote:the button reappears but the grid disappears. This is a bug I think.
Should be fixed.
I still see the problem. I also tried deleting the pref file & had it recreated by the software (not sure if it makes a difference). I also noticed the same thing happens if I select New Project from the menu, i.e. I see a form with no grid, but if I close & re-open the app, I see a blank form with a grid on it.
mskuma wrote:Sometimes you know what you are doing, and don't want the confirmation.
I have added an option in preferences to turn off confirmation.
Thanks - it works well.
gnozal
PureBasic Expert
PureBasic Expert

Post by gnozal »

mskuma wrote:I still see the problem. I also tried deleting the pref file & had it recreated by the software (not sure if it makes a difference). I also noticed the same thing happens if I select New Project from the menu, i.e. I see a form with no grid, but if I close & re-open the app, I see a blank form with a grid on it.
Download updated. Please try again.
mskuma
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by mskuma »

Thanks - the undo problem is fixed, but I still see the other problem I mentioned, i.e.
mskuma wrote:the same thing happens if I select New Project from the menu, i.e. I see a form with no grid, but if I close & re-open the app, I see a blank form with a grid on it.
gnozal
PureBasic Expert
PureBasic Expert

Post by gnozal »

mskuma wrote:Thanks - the undo problem is fixed, but I still see the other problem I mentioned, i.e.
mskuma wrote:the same thing happens if I select New Project from the menu, i.e. I see a form with no grid, but if I close & re-open the app, I see a blank form with a grid on it.
And I don't even use this feature myself ...
Ok, download updated. Can't reproduce the problem with this last release.
mskuma
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by mskuma »

Thanks - it is fixed now.
gnozal wrote:
mskuma wrote:Thanks - the undo problem is fixed, but I still see the other problem I mentioned, i.e.
And I don't even use this feature myself ...
Ok, download updated. Can't reproduce the problem with this last release.
AL90
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by AL90 »

A small suggestion:

When I choose Exit from Menu, PF will not save the latest Project and ConfigFile.
Sometimes I use the Menu. I think it is better add support for the Exit-Menu Entry. :wink:
mskuma
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by mskuma »

In using this, I've seen 2 features that are really needed:

- constrain gadget movement to horizontal or vertical only with mouse movement (e.g. by holding shift key while moving gadget with mouse)

- ability to select & move multiple gadgets at once
gnozal
PureBasic Expert
PureBasic Expert

Post by gnozal »

AL90 wrote:A small suggestion:
When I choose Exit from Menu, PF will not save the latest Project and ConfigFile.
Sometimes I use the Menu. I think it is better add support for the Exit-Menu Entry. :wink:
You are right :wink:
Should be fixed.
gnozal
PureBasic Expert
PureBasic Expert

Post by gnozal »

mskuma wrote:- constrain gadget movement to horizontal or vertical only with mouse movement (e.g. by holding shift key while moving gadget with mouse)
I am not sure I understand what you mean ?
mskuma wrote:- ability to select & move multiple gadgets at once
That's big one ; hum... on the todo list.
mskuma
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by mskuma »

gnozal wrote:
mskuma wrote:- constrain gadget movement to horizontal or vertical only with mouse movement (e.g. by holding shift key while moving gadget with mouse)
I am not sure I understand what you mean ?
Sometimes you want to move the gadget only horizontally (or only vertically). In the current situation, moving a gadget left or right is possible by using the mouse or keyboard (but is tedious with keyboard). Using a mouse to move perfectly horizontally over a long distance (i.e. moving it just left or right without the gadget's position creeping up or down during movement) is difficult. Some other programs like Adobe Photoshop, let you force an item's movement to horizontal only by pressing a key, then as you drag the item with the mouse - the item will only move to the left or right without the possibility to move up or down. That is, any vertical movement is ignored (in the case of moving horizontally, and vice-versa when moving the gadget vertically).
jbernard13
User
User

Post by jbernard13 »

GNOZAL THE BEST

PureForm is is better than VisualDesign

sorry pour Betiko ......
mskuma
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by mskuma »

jbernard13 wrote:PureForm is is better than VisualDesign
I'm not sure if that's a fair comment.. I've not used VD much before (due to not doing alot of GUI coding), and seeing PureForm, it's made me revisit VD, and I'm pleasantly surprised at how polished it is. PureForm has just started, so in some ways I think it has a long way to go to catch up to VD's level of polish (e.g. VD has the snap to grid feature and nice resize handles on the gadget, and I also like the way you can customise the constant names). However one thing I really like in PureForm over VD is you can get all the code in one lot, whereas I think VD wants to split it across 2 files. Maybe that's a good thing (and it's personal pref), but at the moment I prefer it in one file. I also like the ease of access to essential elements via the 'View' toolbar (i.e. Gadget list, Code view etc). Whichever, I've come to appreciate VD & PF more & more these days, so many thanks to Beriko & gnozal!!