PureBasic Forum
https://www.purebasic.fr/english/

jaPBe 3.13.4 [IDE for PB 4 and PB 5]
https://www.purebasic.fr/english/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=19335
Page 103 of 103

Author:  swan [ Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:25 am ]
Post subject:  Re: jaPBe 3.13.4 [IDE for PB 4 and PB 5]

As far as I'm aware gnozal never released any source .... :(

Author:  Booger [ Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:38 am ]
Post subject:  Re: jaPBe 3.13.4 [IDE for PB 4 and PB 5]

Oh, okay...I was under the impression it was open source...maybe before gnozal took it over...thought I might have learned something from it...thanks

Author:  Demivec [ Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:11 am ]
Post subject:  Re: jaPBe 3.13.4 [IDE for PB 4 and PB 5]

swan wrote:
As far as I'm aware gnozal never released any source .... :(

Just check the first post. gnozal always released the source for each build.

RSBasic provides some access to the sources for the last build.
RSBasic wrote:
JaPBe is open source and you can download here: http://www.rsbasic.de/backups/
And you can update the code for PB 5.4x.


That source was written for PureBasic v3.93 I believe.

I personally had a working source that I had updated for PB v5.11 and shared with gnozal before his disappearance from this forum. It is a work in progress and I am working to updates and it to the current version. I am not ready to share it yet though. When I am the source will be made available also.

Author:  swan [ Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:23 am ]
Post subject:  Re: jaPBe 3.13.4 [IDE for PB 4 and PB 5]

Sorry my bad - I was referring to PureForm .... :oops:

Author:  Booger [ Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:10 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: jaPBe 3.13.4 [IDE for PB 4 and PB 5]

Thanks Demivec.

Author:  Randy Walker [ Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:15 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: jaPBe 3.13.4 [IDE for PB 4 and PB 5]

Demivec wrote:
swan wrote:
As far as I'm aware gnozal never released any source .... :(

Just check the first post. gnozal always released the source for each build.

RSBasic provides some access to the sources for the last build.
RSBasic wrote:
JaPBe is open source and you can download here: http://www.rsbasic.de/backups/
And you can update the code for PB 5.4x.


That source was written for PureBasic v3.93 I believe.

I personally had a working source that I had updated for PB v5.11 and shared with gnozal before his disappearance from this forum. It is a work in progress and I am working to updates and it to the current version. I am not ready to share it yet though. When I am the source will be made available also.


Hi Demivec . . . Bummer we lost gnozal. He helped me out a lot when I first came into the forum, and may times after. I haven't really done much coding over the past couple years. In the process now switching my XP 32bit box over to Win7 64bit (and hating my migration away from XP all the way). Wanted to reinstall all my original packages so I got the latest PureBasic and stopped in over here to see what the story was on jaPBe regarding 64bit. Any plans for that in your future?

Thanks,
Randy

Author:  Demivec [ Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:41 am ]
Post subject:  Re: jaPBe 3.13.4 [IDE for PB 4 and PB 5]

Randy Walker wrote:
Hi Demivec . . . Bummer we lost gnozal. He helped me out a lot when I first came into the forum, and may times after. I haven't really done much coding over the past couple years. In the process now switching my XP 32bit box over to Win7 64bit (and hating my migration away from XP all the way). Wanted to reinstall all my original packages so I got the latest PureBasic and stopped in over here to see what the story was on jaPBe regarding 64bit. Any plans for that in your future?

First step was a working version in the most recent ASCII compiler version, next Unicode, then x64, then cross-platform.

I got a working version and then decided to test some changes. Before those changes were completed PureBasic changed a few things, then a few things more, and now is Unicode only. The result caused a little bit of a tangle as each thing had to be dealt with. In addition I had to devote time to some other things but I haven't stopped yet.

I will give access to the sources I have at each of the above stages. I just haven't reached a stable version as the first step yet. :)

Author:  yrreti [ Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:29 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: jaPBe 3.13.4 [IDE for PB 4 and PB 5]

Hi Demivec

Is it possible for you to share what source you may have for PureForm, before it disappears completely
of the forum? I still use gnozal's PureForm exclusively because of it's "ease" in setting up a gui window
for my programs. But it does need to be updated in some areas, that you can only do with the code.
It's a pain to have to reinvent the wheel all over again when you already have the wheel, and just have
to fix the flat. I think many of us would really appreciate it if you could please post this code for us.

Asking Very Sincerely
yrreti

Author:  Demivec [ Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:35 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: jaPBe 3.13.4 [IDE for PB 4 and PB 5]

yrreti wrote:
Is it possible for you to share what source you may have for PureForm, before it disappears completely
of the forum? I still use gnozal's PureForm exclusively because of it's "ease" in setting up a gui window
for my programs. But it does need to be updated in some areas, that you can only do with the code.
It's a pain to have to reinvent the wheel all over again when you already have the wheel, and just have
to fix the flat. I think many of us would really appreciate it if you could please post this code for us.

Regrettably I do not have those sources because gnozal nevered shared them, to my knowledge.

Author:  yrreti [ Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:02 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: jaPBe 3.13.4 [IDE for PB 4 and PB 5]

Hi Demivec

Thanks for getting back to me on that. It's really very sad and just too bad.
I really wonder what ever happened to him. As if he just fell of the earth
and died completely with out a trace.
We couldn't even have said a thank him for all his contributions etc. ,
or even say a good by and wish him the best on his new endeavors.
I know somebody must know. I wish they would let us know.

yrreti

Author:  spreadz [ Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:53 am ]
Post subject:  Re: jaPBe 3.13.4 [IDE for PB 4 and PB 5]

With gnozal no longer here and the gnozal website no more , can anyone tell me if JaPBe still works with the latest PB.

. . . and if it does where can I download the latest edition?

Author:  Bitblazer [ Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:29 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: jaPBe 3.13.4 [IDE for PB 4 and PB 5]

Purearea and RSBasic have several of gnozal's tools, including JAPBE.

Page 103 of 103 All times are UTC + 1 hour
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/