jaPBe 3.13.4 [IDE for PB 4 and PB 5]

All PureFORM, JaPBe, Libs and useful code maintained by gnozal

Moderator: gnozal

netmaestro
PureBasic Bullfrog
PureBasic Bullfrog

Post by netmaestro »

Nope, I don't have the Win98 full redraw option checked. But it flickers badly 4-5 times on load and when loading source. Official IDE does none of that.
Last edited by netmaestro on Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
gnozal
PureBasic Expert
PureBasic Expert

Post by gnozal »

netmaestro wrote:Nope, I don't have the Win98 full redraw option checked. But it flickers badly 4-5 times on load and when loading source. Official IDE does none of that.
No big problems here with jaPBe (I am using scintilla DLL 1.67, don't know if it's important), but the official IDE freezes 10 seconds at start on my home PC (Win98SE).
For free libraries and tools, visit my web site (also home of jaPBe V3 and PureFORM).
RichardL
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by RichardL »

Hi gnozal,

THANK YOU !

I have tested the SHIFT+CNTRL+TAB function on a number of source files and it appears to wok perfectly. Its an improvement that is truly worthwhile.

THANKS AGAIN !

Richard L
gnozal
PureBasic Expert
PureBasic Expert

Post by gnozal »

RichardL wrote:Hi gnozal,
THANK YOU !
I have tested the SHIFT+CNTRL+TAB function on a number of source files and it appears to wok perfectly. Its an improvement that is truly worthwhile.
THANKS AGAIN !
Richard L
Update again !

- I have enhanced the SHIFT+CNTRL+TAB function, I hope you like it : if the code cannot be correctly formated according to the first comment of the block, the comment position is recalculated.
Well, it's complicated to explain, here is an example :

Code: Select all

; *** The first comment of the block (line 7) is much to left
    If GoOn      
      For ImportData.w = 1 To 2 
        Select     ImportData.w 
          Case 1 
            ; Set up start and bytes for S/Pad+TIF+TSDB Section 
            USB_Start_address.l = 0   ;  Start of download S/Pad *** 
            USB_Size.l          = *StartOfLOG   ; Number of bytes to download 
          Case 2 
            ; Set up start and bytes for the LOG section 
            USB_Start_address.l = USB_LogClip_Start.l; Start of download 
            USB_Size.l          = USB_Log_Clip_Size.l         ; Number of bytes to download 
        EndSelect 

; ***************** 
        ; LOTS OF CODE HERE 
        ; ***************** 

Next 
    EndIf 

; *** So the code is reformated like this :
    If GoOn      
        Select     ImportData.w 
          Case 1 
            USB_Start_address.l = 0                   ;  Start of download S/Pad *** 
            USB_Size.l          = *StartOfLOG         ; Number of bytes to download 
          Case 2 
            USB_Start_address.l = USB_LogClip_Start.l ; Start of download 
            USB_Size.l          = USB_Log_Clip_Size.l ; Number of bytes to download 
        EndSelect 

; ***************** 
        ; LOTS OF CODE HERE 
        ; ***************** 

Next 
    EndIf 
For free libraries and tools, visit my web site (also home of jaPBe V3 and PureFORM).
BillNee
User
User

Post by BillNee »

Hi - Havn't seen this mentioned but may have missed it. Does japbe still save a program every time you make a change and then run it? I like to "diddle" a lot before I save a program. If it does automatically save maybe this could be an option instead. This is the only feature that kept me from using it.
Bill Nee
RichardL
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by RichardL »

Hi gnozal,

It looks like you have used the longest commented line in the block as the reference for the TAB position for all the comments. Im not sure that this is a good idea because one very long line forces all the comments way over to the right. I have lost the option to choose the comment indent myself... not good! :cry:

I woudl rather go back one revision :?

Code: Select all

; >>> TOO far to the right!
    ; Data import over USB
    If GoOn     
        Select ImportData.w
          Case 1
            USB_Start_address.l = 0                                                                           ; Start of download S/Pad ***
            USB_Size.l          = *StartOfLOG                                                                 ; Number of bytes to download
          Case 2
            USB_Start_address.l =  USB_LogClip_Start.l                                                        ; Start of download
            USB_Size.l          =  USB_Log_Clip_Size.l                                                        ; Number of bytes to download
        EndSelect

k$ = "This is a long line of text that will cause all the comments to move much too far to the right" ; Long line
        ; *****************
        ; LOTS OF CODE HERE
        ; *****************

Next
    EndIf  

; >>> I choose the position with line ***
    ; Data import over USB
    If GoOn     
        Select ImportData.w
          Case 1
            USB_Start_address.l = 0                                     ; Start of download S/Pad *** 
            USB_Size.l          = *StartOfLOG                           ; Number of bytes to download
          Case 2
            USB_Start_address.l =  USB_LogClip_Start.l                  ; Start of download
            USB_Size.l          =  USB_Log_Clip_Size.l                  ; Number of bytes to download
        EndSelect

k$ = "This is a long line of text that will cause all the comments to move much too far to the right" ; Long line
        ; *****************
        ; LOTS OF CODE HERE
        ; *****************

Next
    EndIf  
All the best...
gnozal
PureBasic Expert
PureBasic Expert

Post by gnozal »

RichardL wrote:It looks like you have used the longest commented line in the block as the reference for the TAB position for all the comments.
Yes
RichardL wrote:I would rather go back one revision :?
Ok, I will make it optional :D
RichardL
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by RichardL »

@ BillNee

All the systems I have used save the file as the first step in the compile process. jaPBe does this, it can also save your work every 'N' minutes.

IMHO PB and jaPBe are sufficiently stable and reliable to write software that is also stable and reliable. I have written a number of programs in the last year, some of just a few hundred lines and the largest now approaching 11,000 lines and is about half done.

Beleive me, I would not persist with a buggy or difficult to use development system... I would be trying something else.

jaPBe and PB are reliable enough to let me focus on solving the problems raised by the application; not the problems raised by the development system!

If you need to keep earlier versions of a program why not change its filename each time, then weed out un-wanted stuff at the end of the week?

If you want to 'diddle' then why not copy and paste the routine your are 'diddling', comment one out and 'diddle' the other. Easy to go back!

Last, but not least... its unlikely that the sun will set more than a few times on a problem posted on this site... there are some experienced people here who delight in sharing their knowledege.

All the best

Richard L
BillNee
User
User

Post by BillNee »

Hi RichardL - Wasn't picking on japbe; it's a great program. I just happen to like the way PureBasic will let you keep refining a program and then you can finally save it. A lot of times I keep changing math numbers to find a display I like, for example, and then save it. Sometimes I accidentally change the wrong value and can correct it immediately after running the program.
It's great the way someone has stepped in to keep japbe alive.
Bill Nee
blueznl
PureBasic Expert
PureBasic Expert

Post by blueznl »

well, japbe allows numbered backups, so why bother? just keep enough backups... :-)
( PB6.00 LTS Win11 x64 Asrock AB350 Pro4 Ryzen 5 3600 32GB GTX1060 6GB)
( The path to enlightenment and the PureBasic Survival Guide right here... )
gnozal
PureBasic Expert
PureBasic Expert

Post by gnozal »

Update

Changes :
- option 'Optimize comment positions' for [Ctrl+Shift+Tab]
- new option 'Save source(s) before Compile/Run or Compile/Debug' (enabled by default)
Dare2

Post by Dare2 »

lol, gnozal, you're going ballistic with this! :D

Thanks!
@}--`--,-- A rose by any other name ..
RichardL
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by RichardL »

Hi gnozal,

Thanks again... having the option for switching the modes for comment tidying is very nice!

RichardL
THCM
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by THCM »

Is there a possibilty to reformat my source using real tabs instead of spaces?
The Human Code Machine / Masters' Design Group
gnozal
PureBasic Expert
PureBasic Expert

Post by gnozal »

THCM wrote:Is there a possibilty to reformat my source using real tabs instead of spaces?
Probably, but I don't know if it is compatible with all the actual coloring / indentation routines, and I don't see the advantage of TAB over SPACE.
That said, it's open source. You can give it a try :wink: