I have found this bug testing with the following MacOS versions:
- MacOS 10.6.8 'Snow Leopard'
- MacOS 10.13.6 'High Sierra'
- MacOS 10.14.6 'Mojave'
- MacOS 10.15.6 'Catalina'
The bug may have been introduced in responce to the thread [Done] dozens SizeWindow events after resizing a window where Fred at the end remarked "Fixed."
By the way I had already posted in 2014 this cross-platform example in the German forum that demonstrates how to detect the end of a window resizing action in Linux, MacOS and Windows by using PostEvent() to generate a new custom event to indicate that the resizing has been finished.
Unfortunately PureBasic's handling of #PB_Event_SizeWindow events is different on all 3 supported operating systems when resizing a window:
- Linux: multiple #PB_Event_SizeWindow events are generated.
- MacOS: for a window with #Window=0 only one #PB_Event_SizeWindow event is generated; for #Window<>0 multiple #PB_Event_SizeWindow events are generated.
- Windows: only one #PB_Event_SizeWindow event is generated.
Therefore I would suggest that on all 3 operating systems multiple #PB_Event_SizeWindow events should be generated during the resizing of a window and that a new event (for example #PB_Event_SizeWindowFinished) should be generated at the end of a resizing as demonstrated in my cross-platform example which works in Linux (GTK2 and GTK3), MacOS and Windows...