My bug list

You need some new stunning features ? Tell us here.
Niffo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

My bug list

Post by Niffo »

Hello,

I just started to really use the IDE integrated Form Designer in a real project. Here are the bugs i have noted :

- When used in a project, Image path should be relative from the project main file and not from the current ".pbf" file. Indeed, if the ".pbf" file is in a subdirectory, the project will not compile ("file not found").
- In Images (like done with ButtonImage) "ImageID" should be "0" and not "ImageID()" when no image is specified. Otherwise, the project can not compile
- How is it possible to have multiple ".pbf" files with Images/Button Images inside ? For each image in a ".pbf" file, the Form Designer is creating same constants or variables named "#Img_0" , "#Img_1" ... a.s.o. [edit] (noted that it should be fixed in next beta) [/edit]
- It would be great to have a default keyboad shortcut to switch "code / design view" (ctrl-t ?)
- Why is it not possible to use the symbol "|" (pipe) in a PanelGadget tab name ? (it is replaced by "Chr(10)" in the source code).
- With PB5.20b5 : "switch code / design view" opens an "open file" requester (Linux) or create a new tab (Windows) or crash
Last edited by Niffo on Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:09 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Niffo
PB
PureBasic Expert
PureBasic Expert

Re: My first bug list

Post by PB »

> It would be great to have a keyboad shortcut to switch "code / design view"

Already in the IDE Preferences ("Shortcuts -> Form -> Switch Code/Design View").
I compile using 5.31 (x86) on Win 7 Ultimate (64-bit).
"PureBasic won't be object oriented, period" - Fred.
Niffo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: My first bug list

Post by Niffo »

PB wrote:Already in the IDE Preferences ("Shortcuts -> Form -> Switch Code/Design View").
Thank you very much for that. Sorry, i had not seen it as there was no shortcut by default in the menu :(
I think it will be a good thing to have a "standardised" shortcut by default for this function.

I have edited my first post to complete it.
Niffo
Polo
Addict
Addict

Re: My bug list

Post by Polo »

Niffo wrote:- In Images (like done with ButtonImage) "ImageID" should be "0" and not "ImageID()" when no image is specified. Otherwise, the project can not compile
This is already the case in 5.20 unless I'm missing something.
Niffo wrote:- How is it possible to have multiple ".pbf" files with Images/Button Images inside ? For each image in a ".pbf" file, the Form Designer is creating same constants or variables named "#Img_0" , "#Img_1" ... a.s.o. [edit] (noted that it should be fixed in next beta) [/edit]
Same.
Niffo wrote:- Why is it not possible to use the symbol "|" (pipe) in a PanelGadget tab name ? (it is replaced by "Chr(10)" in the source code).
Well spotted, fixed.

If you can report only one bug per topic if makes it much easier to keep track of what I've fixed or not, even if it's more time consuming :)
Niffo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Niffo »

Polo wrote:
Niffo wrote:- In Images (like done with ButtonImage) "ImageID" should be "0" and not "ImageID()" when no image is specified. Otherwise, the project can not compile
This is already the case in 5.20 unless I'm missing something.
It is ok with ButtonImageGadget(), but not with ImageGadget()
Polo wrote:
Niffo wrote:- How is it possible to have multiple ".pbf" files with Images/Button Images inside ? For each image in a ".pbf" file, the Form Designer is creating same constants or variables named "#Img_0" , "#Img_1" ... a.s.o. [edit] (noted that it should be fixed in next beta) [/edit]
Same.
It is ok in latests betas
Polo wrote:
Niffo wrote:- Why is it not possible to use the symbol "|" (pipe) in a PanelGadget tab name ? (it is replaced by "Chr(10)" in the source code).
Well spotted, fixed.
Many thanks !
Polo wrote:If you can report only one bug per topic if makes it much easier to keep track of what I've fixed or not, even if it's more time consuming :)
Right. Do you prefer we report Form Designer bugs in "Form Designer" section of the forum or in the "Bug" section of the forum ?
Niffo
Polo
Addict
Addict

Post by Polo »

In the form designer is best as it's easier for me to see what to fix :)
Niffo wrote:It is ok with ButtonImageGadget(), but not with ImageGadget()
Fixed (I should read your bug reports more attentively too, didn't see you meant ImageGadget at the beginning!).
Niffo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Niffo »

Polo wrote:In the form designer is best as it's easier for me to see what to fix :)
Noted
Polo wrote:Fixed (I should read your bug reports more attentively too, didn't see you meant ImageGadget at the beginning!).
Thanks !

English is not my native language so it is possible i am not always perfectly clear too ;)
Niffo