MacUpdate listing

Mac OSX specific forum
SparrowhawkMMU
User
User

MacUpdate listing

Post by SparrowhawkMMU »

I have finally managed to catch MacUpdate's eye and they have updated their PureBasic listing after several years!

@fred - would be worth letting them have a more up to date screenshot than the one on there currently perhaps?

https://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/20218/purebasic

Also would be worth letting them know about SpiderBasic while you are at it. I did mention it in one of the comments I left a couple of versions back, but there is no separate listing for it at present.

I think perhaps they need an RSS or similar feed for them to get version updates without being nudged by people like me. Not sure, but they can advise you.
Shardik
Addict
Addict

Re: MacUpdate listing

Post by Shardik »

macupdate wrote:Requirements for Purebasic
- Intel, 64-bit processor
- OS X 10.6.8 or later
Unfortunately the version information is wrong: the minimum version for PureBasic 5.70 is MacOS 10.8 (Mountain Lion). I have already posted this request in "Bugs - Documentation" 3 months ago and asked to modify the wrong infos on PureBasic's website:
PureBasic wrote:Requirements
- MacOS X 10.5+ (Leopard or above)
Another problem:
macupdate wrote:Related Links
Download Purebasic for 32-bit processors
The link to the 64-bit demo version should be given instead of the 32-bit version because beginning with Xcode 10 it's no longer possible to compile with PB's 32-bit compiler: Apple has removed the 32-bit support from Xcode 10!
SparrowhawkMMU
User
User

Post by SparrowhawkMMU »

Good spot - if/when Fred gets in touch with them, he can presumably get that fixed too.
Fred
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Fred »

I will