The required compiler cannot be found: PureBasic 5.61 (MacOS

Mac OSX specific forum
MacHacker
New User
New User

The required compiler cannot be found: PureBasic 5.61 (MacOS

Post by MacHacker »

Code I wrote in a and earlier version of PB gets this error message in version 5.70:
"The required compiler cannot be found: PureBasic 5.61 (MacOS X - x64)"

Since I opened the code in version 5.70, something must be telling it to look for the older compiler, but I can't find it.

Simple Fix?
MacHacker
New User
New User

Re: The required compiler cannot be found: PureBasic 5.61 (M

Post by MacHacker »

Work around found:

I copied the source into text editor and saved it in another folder with another name. Then double-clicked on the new file.
Got this error "Line 479: Constant not found: #PB_Editor_CompileCount." on this line (suspected culprit of previous error):

TextGadget(997, Tab3, InnerHeight-150, 175, FieldH, "Compiler Count: "+Str(#PB_Editor_CompileCount), #PB_Text_Right)

I commented out the above line and the program worked as expected.
Shardik
Addict
Addict

Re: The required compiler cannot be found: PureBasic 5.61 (M

Post by Shardik »

MacHacker wrote:Code I wrote in a and earlier version of PB gets this error message in version 5.70:
"The required compiler cannot be found: PureBasic 5.61 (MacOS X - x64)"

Since I opened the code in version 5.70, something must be telling it to look for the older compiler, but I can't find it.

Simple Fix?
Welcome in this PureBasic forum!

Most probably you have specified "PureBasic 5.61 (MacOS X - x64)" in your compiler options. To check this please click onto "Compiler" in PureBasic's menu and select "Compiler Options...". Then remove the checkmark in front of "Use Compiler: PureBasic 5.61 (MacOS X - x64". That should resolve the error message.

Of course it's also possible to install different PureBasic versions in different folders. After installing PB 5.61 again or after letting PureBasic know about other installed PB versions by clicking onto File > Preferences... and then on the left side clicking onto compiler, you are able to add different PB compilers. After this action you should also be able to compile again using PB 5.61...:wink: