Purebasic 3.94 for Mac os x work bad, not properly..........

Mac OSX specific forum
LESTROSO
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Purebasic 3.94 for Mac os x work bad, not properly..........

Post by LESTROSO »

:cry: Yesterday, i become an happy mac os x purebasic user , but i tryed to work with it, unfortunetly this version have many bugs.........
when i make an application for example, this one don't recognise the resources in or out of it.......the gadgets works bad like imagegadget and other... "LOADSOUND", "CATCHSOUND","CATHSPRITE",don't work........ALSO THE COMPILER IS NOT SO STABLE.........

anyone report these problems like me????is there a solution?? a new release for mac os x??

thank you.....saverio.... :cry:
Polo
Addict
Addict

Post by Polo »

I don't know about these problem as I don't have a mac, but you'd better be more precise if you want Fred to be able to fix the things that aren't right.
LESTROSO
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

here some problem that i have found...........

Post by LESTROSO »

:o OK.....IN OTHER WORDS PURE BASIC DON'T FUNCTION FOR MAC OS X .....

IMAGEGADGET DON'T WORK.....WHEN I USE THIS COMMAND...NOTHING HAPPEND

CatchImage(19,?faccia)
ImageGadget(1, 10,10,100,83,UseImage(19))
faccia:IncludeBinary "faccia.jpg"

THIS SHORT EXAMPLE PRODUCE ANYTHING.in mac x..BUT IF YOU TRY WITH WINDOW VERSION this produce an image called "faccia.jpeg" in the main window ( i report not all code...for simply )....

TextGadget(10,12,280,250,20," Select level and then Push start button!!",#PB_Text_Border)-------the border doesn't function

the command playmovie,loadmovie close the application that i have created.....a little game......in fact i have developed a game in windows and then i have ported the source code but this don't work in mac os x version.... i have used few and common command like that i told you before.... i have used sounds in mp3 with loadmovie and than playmovie to hear the sound but don't work in mac x.

but if you try to make an application with the examples of purebasic(maosx)like the "keyboard", that work with the compiler, you see an astroship that you can move with the arrows.....but when you make the .app and you run it you don't see anything in the window and the app quit unexpected!!!!Because the app created with the compiler doesn't recognise the resources, also if you put the path!!!.......i think is the fault of "include command "----faccia:IncludeBinary "faccia.jpg"----:(

thank you
saverio
Polo
Addict
Addict

Post by Polo »

For the image, are you sure you've put UseJPEGDecoder() ?
Anyway you should put that on the bug section :)
cologneskater
User
User

Post by cologneskater »

Unless the VisualDesigner ist not available for OS X, it is helpfull to use PureBasic in real "multiplatform"-mode: VisualDesigner on windows for the layout, then using the generated output with the program structure on OS X for further development.
This prevents you to handle with errors if you forgot the UseJPEGImageDecoder() - function when using the ImageGadget.
SEO
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by SEO »

Hi LESTROSO

I just testing and writing on Mac apps....
PB Mac have no bugs, only some Limits..

I have not tested many functions yet, because a problem with handle Menu and Window on the Mac .... This problems seems to be solved by michel51 and some other guys, and no works not perfect but nearly.

If you found Limits, please show with an short code snippet... So other Mac user could test and confirm...

Here is a lot of constructive work to do, that not is done, BETA TESTING ....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Info the 'MacSkeleton' Project...
I (newbie on PB) and some others, are developing an Mac application that should run on Windows and Linux.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regards,
SEO
LESTROSO
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

PERHAPS I MADE A MISTAKE WITH THE INSTALLING THE PURE BASIC?

Post by LESTROSO »

:?
I DON'T THINK TO MADE ANY MISTAKE INSTALLING THE SOFTWARE......I HAVE INSTALLED FIRST THE APPLE DEVELOPER TOOLS AND THEN I HAVE COPIED THE PURE BASIC FOLDER TO MY HARD DISK..AND THEN LUNCH THE IDE ...IN FACT IF YOU RUN THE APPLICATION (PUREBASIC) WITHOUT APPLE DEVELOPER TOOLS..PUREBASIC DON'T FUNCTION, DON'T WORK.....

IN MY APPLICATION I USED THE "USE DECODERJPEG" COMMAND, BUT WHY IN WIN PUREBASIC MY APP WORK OK BUT IN OS X DON'T????

ALSO WORK WELL WITH THE WIN EMULATION UNDER MAC OS X MY APPLICATION.....I MADE A TRIS APPLICATION(SIMPLY TIC TAC TOE).

BUT IF YOU TOLD ME THAT IT WORK, THE PROBLEM IT'S ME BUT I DON'T KNOW WHAT..........I HAVE A G4 640MEGA RAM , 40 GB HARD DISK, SYSTEM 10.4.1 .....................
Polo
Addict
Addict

Post by Polo »

Please don't write in cap, it's not very readable.
The best you should do is to mail the non working code to Fred, then he'll fix it quick ;)
LESTROSO
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

ok......

Post by LESTROSO »

:oops: i'm sorry i forget the caps lock..........

ok i'll contact fred....thank you......
thefool
Always Here
Always Here

Re: PERHAPS I MADE A MISTAKE WITH THE INSTALLING THE PURE BA

Post by thefool »

LESTROSO wrote:I HAVE A G4 640MEGA RAM , 40 GB HARD DISK, SYSTEM 10.4.1 .....................
AND APPERENTLY A STUCK CAPSLOCK-KEY AND DOT-BUTTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:D
LESTROSO
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

what do you mean?

Post by LESTROSO »

:?

what do you mean? i don't understand...........
Polo
Addict
Addict

Re: what do you mean?

Post by Polo »

LESTROSO wrote::?

he was just joking about your cap key being locked with the dot too 10.4.1.2.0.... :)
thefool
Always Here
Always Here

Re: what do you mean?

Post by thefool »

LESTROSO wrote::?

Just joking as polo said :D
LESTROSO
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by LESTROSO »

:(
i thank you but the caps locks is not the problem......i've tryed now......i hope that fred can help me.....
thefool
Always Here
Always Here

Post by thefool »

LESTROSO wrote::(
i thank you but the caps locks is not the problem......i've tryed now......i hope that fred can help me.....
it was the problem with the big letters heheh