video editor recommendations

For everything that's not in any way related to PureBasic. General chat etc...
jack
Addict
Addict

video editor recommendations

Post by jack »

I have some music videos with captions that are out of sync, that is, the captions don't align with the audio, I need an easy to use video editor that will split the video and audio tracks and allows me to manipulate the video track, cut/paste/move to make the captions in sync, any recommendations?
it should be intuitive, I shouldn't have to spend hours trying to figure things out.
chi
Addict
Addict

Re: video editor recommendations

Post by chi »

VirtualDub FTW! howto sync
If you need something with a timeline or more control you could take a look at OpenShot, Kdenlive or just search for alternatives here
Et cetera is my worst enemy
Psychophanta
Addict
Addict

Post by Psychophanta »

I use Avidemux, which is free.
And also Magix, which is not free.
http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com

While world=business:world+mafia:Wend
Will never leave this forum until the absolute bugfree PB :mrgreen:
Paul
PureBasic Expert
PureBasic Expert

Post by Paul »

High end free video editing package and works on all platforms...
DaVinci Resolve

If you look at everything it can do then "yes", it can be intimidating with a high learning curve but if you break it down into only simple thing you would like to accomplish, it is actually quite easy. Also lots of videos online to help out.
Image Image
jack
Addict
Addict

Post by jack »

thanks to everyone for your suggestions, unfortunately the more promising applications won't allow me to do a test run unless I register which I am not willing to do, if I could do a test run and find that the program does what I need then I would be happy to register.
Psychophanta
Addict
Addict

Post by Psychophanta »

jack wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:13 pm thanks to everyone for your suggestions, unfortunately the more promising applications won't allow me to do a test run unless I register which I am not willing to do, if I could do a test run and find that the program does what I need then I would be happy to register.
I insist you to try this then:
http://avidemux.sourceforge.net/download.html

I you try it, and it is what you are looking for, then just tell me thanks here :)
http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com

While world=business:world+mafia:Wend
Will never leave this forum until the absolute bugfree PB :mrgreen:
Marc56us
Addict
Addict

Post by Marc56us »

jack wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:53 pm I have some music videos with captions that are out of sync, that is, the captions don't align with the audio, I need an easy to use video editor that will split the video and audio tracks and allows me to manipulate the video track, cut/paste/move to make the captions in sync, any recommendations?
it should be intuitive, I shouldn't have to spend hours trying to figure things out.
Try Shotcut: free, open source, cross-platform, no inscription needed, portable, easy.
https://www.shotcut.org
Don't be afraid of the interface, the basic operation is very simple. Follow the help and tutorials.
1. Open your video
2. Drop window preview to Timeline
3. Right-Click on guide-line
4. Select More > Detach Audio
5. Split (with icon ][ or S) where audio not synchronized
6. Move audio track right or left
I have only explored the basic functions: we can surely do better and faster.
:wink:
jack
Addict
Addict

Post by jack »

thank you Marc56us for the detailed help, unfortunately, it just won't work for me
if I drop an avi or mp4 to the playlist and then to the timeline, it does not show the video frames, I can detach the audio but it doesn't show any video frames, I am just not a multimedia person :?
what I wish for is the ability to select individual frame[s] and cut/delete/paste or move anywhere on the timeline
Tenaja
Addict
Addict

Post by Tenaja »

I tried to use a few open source editors a few years back. It was so frustrating, I bought Premier Essentials. I finished my project in no time... Certainly, in a lot less time than just trying to learn the others. One of the best $80 I spent on software...But... That was 3-4 years ago, and things change.
jack
Addict
Addict

Post by jack »

I just spent $108 for some editor that simply was worthless, I give up on this, am not going to waste anymore time or money
I tried the famous DaVinci and I saw nothing useful in it, I have restored my hard-drive to the state before I installed any of these software, good riddance :evil:
kenmo
Addict
Addict

Post by kenmo »

Hi jack,

Blender is professional grade, free, open source video software. It's famously used for animation, but my friends who do video say it's become very good as a general-purpose video editor too.

https://www.blender.org/features/video-editing/
dige
Addict
Addict

Post by dige »

I would recommend Hitfilm Express. https://fxhome.com/product/hitfilm-express
It is free of charge in the basic version.
"Daddy, I'll run faster, then it is not so far..."
Bitblazer
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Bitblazer »

This might be helpfull.
jack
Addict
Addict

Post by jack »

Hi kenmo
I may give it a try, am just hesitant to install yet another huge package on my system, perhaps later.
Marc56us
Addict
Addict

Post by Marc56us »

It is surprising that none of the suggested programs work? Is the video from a box? In which case it is probably protected.
PS. Personally I always wait until I have finished all my tests before buying a shareware. If some functions are locked during the trial period, I test another product.