18th birthday soon :)

For everything that's not in any way related to PureBasic. General chat etc...
Num3
PureBasic Expert
PureBasic Expert

18th birthday soon :)

Post by Num3 »

Party is coming next 25th April, 18 years of using Purebasic!
oreopa
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: 18th birthday soon :)

Post by oreopa »

Long time! :D Congratulatons!

I don't actually recall when I first tried it... I used warez version for a while :P But I bought it in 2006 actually as a birthday present to myself. So I'm not far behind... A lot has changed and I've certainly had my $79 worth :D The only other software I've used that has even come close to giving so much for so little is REAPER (music software), and (coincidentally) Biltz Basic on Amiga.

(Piracy is not advocated in this post.)
Proud supporter of PB! * Musician * C64/6502 Freak
BarryG
Addict
Addict

Post by BarryG »

I remember trying PureBasic many, many years ago when I was sick of my Visual Basic apps not running on any given PC (due to not being standalone executables and using DLLs and OCXs that I needed). So I started tinkering with the demo of PureBasic and realised I had to code the gadgets by hand, and thinking "Yeah, this is okay, but I miss the VB form editor real bad". But something about PureBasic kept making me come back to it, which was the standalone executable aspect, and the size of my exes were always under 100 KB (imagine!), and lastly the fact that I didn't have to manually code all my API declarations and system constants in separate module files anymore - it was a real time-saver! In the end I ditched VB and bought PB, and never looked back!
TI-994A
Addict
Addict

Post by TI-994A »

Started programming with TI-Basic in 1981. Started programming with PureBasic in 2011.

Texas Instruments TI-99/4A Home Computer: the first home computer with a 16bit processor, crammed into an 8bit architecture. Great hardware - Poor design - Wonderful BASIC engine. And it could talk too! Please visit my YouTube Channel :D
IdeasVacuum
Always Here
Always Here

Post by IdeasVacuum »

Aha TI-994A, do you have the silver hair that comes with using Basic for so long? :mrgreen:
IdeasVacuum
If it sounds simple, you have not grasped the complexity.
TI-994A
Addict
Addict

Post by TI-994A »

IdeasVacuum wrote:Aha TI-994A, do you have the silver hair that comes with using Basic for so long? :mrgreen:
The only language that has caused any greying has been Objective-C. God bless Swift.
Texas Instruments TI-99/4A Home Computer: the first home computer with a 16bit processor, crammed into an 8bit architecture. Great hardware - Poor design - Wonderful BASIC engine. And it could talk too! Please visit my YouTube Channel :D
mk-soft
Always Here
Always Here

Post by mk-soft »

Starting programming with Zinclair ZX81 in 1982.

I plugged it in again for fun (after about 20 years). A picture still comes up, but unfortunately the keyboard no longer works. :(
There used to be a conversion kit with a real keyboard. Does anyone still have one?
My Projects ThreadToGUI / OOP-BaseClass / EventDesigner V3
PB v3.30 / v5.75 - OS Mac Mini OSX 10.xx - VM Window Pro / Linux Ubuntu
Downloads on my Webspace / OneDrive
Bitblazer
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Bitblazer »

mk-soft wrote:Starting programming with Zinclair ZX81 in 1982.

I plugged it in again for fun (after about 20 years). A picture still comes up, but unfortunately the keyboard no longer works. :(
There used to be a conversion kit with a real keyboard. Does anyone still have one?
I started with Sir Clive's little beauty too, that's why i currently watch the Spectrum Next closely :)

wait - actually i tried to use this first: VCS2600 BASIC. but the vcs2600 basic was even worse ;)
IdeasVacuum
Always Here
Always Here

Post by IdeasVacuum »

There are actually a number of keyboard replacements/components on ebay:
Sinclair ZX81 keyboard
IdeasVacuum
If it sounds simple, you have not grasped the complexity.