PureBasic site : "Showcase" page

For everything that's not in any way related to PureBasic. General chat etc...
Olli
Addict
Addict

PureBasic site : "Showcase" page

Post by Olli »

Hello,

what is this page ? What is its goal ?

https://www.purebasic.com/showcase.php

Thank you
Demivec
Addict
Addict

Re: PureBasic site : "Showcase" page

Post by Demivec »

It shows examples of applications, tools and games that have been created by users with PureBasic. It gives some concrete ideas about what you can accomplish with PureBasic.
Mijikai
Addict
Addict

Post by Mijikai »

A collection of dead links...
Olli
Addict
Addict

Post by Olli »

I was doubting... What it is bold is OK.

1) CPUGraph ---> 404
2) Restricted area ---> Page error
3) Blue Ballonz ---> No available
4) Byte essence installer ---> No available
5) B-Intruder 2 ---> No available
6) Database Scanner ---> OK
7) Elementary report ----> OK
8 ) Guild war tactics ---> Does not exist anymore
9) Hoverbots ---> 404
10) i2pdf ---> OK
11) Internet TV ---> No available
12) Lethal Judgement 4 ---> No available
13) Pure Breaker 3 ---> No available
14) PicAsmEditor ---> No available
15) Post-it ---> Does not exist anymore
16) Report plus ---> link to a other app name
17) Restaurant POS ---> No available
18) Soft rescue ---> Does not exist anymore
19) Transpetris ---> 404
20) Pyrex ---> No available
21) Smart packer ---> OK
22) Nova attractor ---> out of domain
23) Magic twilight ---> No available
24) 3D nuclear fusion ---> 404
25) Mempad ---> OK
26) Green force player ---> OK
27) X Mas survivor ---> No available
28) ip2c ---> 404
29) AVR-NET-IO ---> No available
30) OliLPT32 ---> No available
Josh
Addict
Addict

Post by Josh »

Mijikai wrote:A collection of dead links...
I can't follow you. All of these are thumbnails that are enlarged when you click on them.
sorry for my bad english
Mijikai
Addict
Addict

Post by Mijikai »

Josh wrote:
I can't follow you. All of these are thumbnails that are enlarged when you click on them.
U missed half of the links look below the pictures.
BarryG
Addict
Addict

Post by BarryG »

The links should be removed and just the images kept.
Mijikai
Addict
Addict

Post by Mijikai »

Imho. there are many things that could/should be done to make PureBasic more attractive...
Josh
Addict
Addict

Post by Josh »

Mijikai wrote:U missed half of the links look below the pictures.
Ahhh ok, I see. Thxs
sorry for my bad english
Olli
Addict
Addict

Post by Olli »

I think we should get a date (in any months to be sure to have the best results) from Fred, in order to update this page without deleting all the links which are dead. But just group them in a secondary page.

Even if there is six right links actually, the goal should be to show a whole of the right links.

This period would allow too, to retrieve different alternatives if anybody kept some respective archives...
Josh
Addict
Addict

Post by Josh »

Olli wrote:I think we should get a date (in any months to be sure to have the best results) from Fred, in order to update this page without deleting all the links which are dead. But just group them in a secondary page.

Even if there is six right links actually, the goal should be to show a whole of the right links.

This period would allow too, to retrieve different alternatives if anybody kept some respective archives...
And I think that we should first elect a board, which would then form subcommittees with clearly defined functions. Only then it makes sense to continue working on this important project.
sorry for my bad english
Olli
Addict
Addict

Post by Olli »

Hello Josh,

it's a good analyzing, not to neglect to let the choice. But if we elect "subcommitees", we divide the force to be a whole participating grup.

I do not know Fred personnally, but I do not digest my words, when I write to him ! And I do not recommand to do like I do !

I have a reaction today, in the sense, that it does not miss a lot to get a very good page. And this page belongs to the PB Team : 3 OS' compatibilities and a couple of examples. All is already there... Just prompt the new user, or future user to discover, what it is running on PB, and to know, what it was made in the past (dead links). I suggest too a link to the coding section (or general discussion), to share some technical questions...

The main problem is just let lots of dead links without explanation. Perhaps, it is just a forget of Fred !

This little mistake lets a view of presentation suggesting ideas, and I am not the "president" of all the ideas we can have about it. If I see an other subject about these dead links, I will task to add a link here to this possible suggesting subject, for not to divide the ideas !

Regards
Caronte3D
Addict
Addict

Post by Caronte3D »

I am a novice at PureBasic, but I have loved it since it has become my main source of income working with it on a daily basis and it is sad to see how an incredible project like this allows the whole environment to become obsolete, being very easy to maintain sections like This, even by volunteers (me too), if necessary.
Apart from this, a good form designer is also very necessary, I thought that being opensource was going to improve quickly, but it seems that it is not.
Olli
Addict
Addict

Post by Olli »

@Caronte3D

I find very good your opinion, in the sense you keep a global neutral point of view.

You recall indirectly too the work of PBTeam to grup a maximum of functions in any very different OS, what it eases greatly the coding concept. I add these differences are not finished : the problems will continue again and again.

And Fred and the PB Team task to maintain the maximum, what it is unabled to observe, because this "maximum" is purely technical.

I find good too, you tell you are volunteer. These dead links show us PureBasic has taken some experience, and time. That is the reason I do not want to remove these dead links, but just sort them in a bottom list after a brieve message (ex. : Eldder projects since 1998, update is not guaranted for the following links. For any questions, please see the forum.).