What are you working on?

For everything that's not in any way related to PureBasic. General chat etc...
Nituvious
Addict
Addict

What are you working on?

Post by Nituvious »

Hey all! It has been a while since I've been on these forums. I have been having a great time browsing the threads and seeing screenshots of all the active projects. It has been years since I've seen a "WAYWO" thread anywhere online. With Covid keeping people indoors I'm hoping there have been a lot of productive programmers out there.

So how about show something you have been working on? Anything at all, even if it's not purebasic related. This is off topic after all! Maybe you will inspire others to work on their own projects!
Last edited by Nituvious on Sat May 30, 2020 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░
Josh
Addict
Addict

Re: What are you working on?

Post by Josh »

WAWYO :?:
sorry for my bad english
Bisonte
Addict
Addict

Post by Bisonte »

I think he means : WAYWO.... What are you working on?
PureBasic 6.04 LTS (Windows x86/x64) | Windows10 Pro x64 | Asus TUF X570 Gaming Plus | R9 5900X | 64GB RAM | GeForce RTX 3080 TI iChill X4 | HAF XF Evo | build by vannicom​​
English is not my native language... (I often use DeepL to translate my texts.)
Nituvious
Addict
Addict

Post by Nituvious »

haha, yeah, I meant the abbreviation for the thread title, WAYWO. woops!!
▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░
netmaestro
PureBasic Bullfrog
PureBasic Bullfrog

Post by netmaestro »

Afaik WAYWO is what you yell at the horse when you really really want him to stop. (Wo! Wo! WAYWO!!)
BERESHEIT
Kuron
Addict
Addict

Post by Kuron »

I suffered a traumatic brain injury in 2014 that was, unfortunately, very life changing and i have had to relearn a lot of things. Now that life has slowed down, I have been trying to relearn programming (PureBasic of course) and it is proving to be extremely difficult and frustrating.
Nituvious
Addict
Addict

Post by Nituvious »

Kuron wrote:I suffered a traumatic brain injury in 2014 that was, unfortunately, very life changing and i have had to relearn a lot of things. Now that life has slowed down, I have been trying to relearn programming (PureBasic of course) and it is proving to be extremely difficult and frustrating.
a friend of mine also suffered a severe traumatic brain injury and he struggles with it daily, it's hard as heck for him to deal with sometimes but he is persistent and very inspiring. hopefully your recovery is going very well, i bet the purebasic problems help a lot even if you're frustrated by them. best to keep pushing! :)

i've been trying out different spatial partitioning tricks so that i can have a thousand dynamic objects colliding off each another in a single thread on an old phone... it hasnt worked out very well lol. I first tried a quadtree but searching it was a lot slower than i expected it to be and i eventually hit a point that i think of any ways to speed it up.. so i'm currently using a grid based solution and i've had much better results with it but it's still quite slow at 15-20 fps.
here's what it looks like, it's not as cool as a quadtree either :(
▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░
chi
Addict
Addict

Post by chi »

I'm working on a toolchain mod...

Et cetera is my worst enemy
Mijikai
Addict
Addict

Post by Mijikai »

Im writing a 2d software renderer for rougelikes.
Also started to look into modern OpenGL (currently stuck at matrix math).
Nituvious
Addict
Addict

Post by Nituvious »

chi wrote:I'm working on a toolchain mod...

that's pretty cool! are you using purebasic in visual studio? either way that is really cool
Mijikai wrote:Im writing a 2d software renderer for rougelikes.
i love to play roguelikes! do you have any screenshots?

I downloaded the purebasic demo again and played with the sprite library. It has been so long! Still fun to use after all these years hehe :) i've thinking up ways of using it in some of my projects now
▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░
BarryG
Addict
Addict

Post by BarryG »

Nituvious wrote:how about show something you have been working on?
I could show you, but then I'd have to kill you.
Mijikai
Addict
Addict

Post by Mijikai »

Nituvious wrote: i love to play roguelikes! do you have any screenshots?
Not yet, its mainly just code and some ugly test sprites.
chi
Addict
Addict

Post by chi »

Nituvious wrote:that's pretty cool! are you using purebasic in visual studio? either way that is really cool
Quite the opposite ;). You can use VS tools (link.exe, lib.exe, rc.exe, cvtres.exe) or other compatible toolchain tools to build your .exe/.dll within the PB-IDE. The command line arguments passed to these build tools are also fully customizable and, as a little bonus, you get a more detailed log while compiling/linking (output to error log window or file).
Et cetera is my worst enemy
yoxola
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by yoxola »

I'm working on my chair.

Well, a dad joke I think...

Actually playing around the Defold Game Engine.
This field was left intentionally as signature.
Kuron
Addict
Addict

Post by Kuron »

Nituvious wrote:a friend of mine also suffered a severe traumatic brain injury and he struggles with it daily, it's hard as heck for him to deal with sometimes but he is persistent and very inspiring. hopefully your recovery is going very well, i bet the purebasic problems help a lot even if you're frustrated by them. best to keep pushing! :)
I appreciate your comments. Post-TBI, life is a struggle (complicated by my Asperger's) and in all honesty, if I had life insurance, I would have already "accidentally" stepped in front of a bus so my wife could have a decent life. Not well-liked here (people with Asperger's often rub folks the wrong way without meaning to) so rarely post anymore, and given moving to get married back in 2015, my friends were left behind, and being at the age where I am now retired, I do not have a chance to make any new friends, so dealing with my TBI recovery on my own. Haven't given up, yet... *shrugs*

Mijikai wrote:Im writing a 2d software renderer for rougelikes.
Your 2d software renderer sounds interesting. Based on how well the canvas gadget works, I have been considering using it for a couple of retro game ideas.

yoxola wrote:I'm working on my chair.

Well, a dad joke I think....
Dad joke > dad dancing, but not as funny. :wink:

yoxola wrote:Actually playing around the Defold Game Engine.
Nice looking engine!
Best wishes to the PB community. Thank you for the memories. ♥️