Star Trekscii

For everything that's not in any way related to PureBasic. General chat etc...
_aNdy_
User
User

Star Trekscii

Post by _aNdy_ »

A new Twitter account with daily(ish) updates mixing Star Trek and C64 lowercase ROM PETSCII art! The artist is my (very) young Grandson, the next generation (pun intended) of Commodore64 scener! Please follow and support this young PETSCII artist!

The PETSCII's were drawn using a screen editor coded in... drumroll... >> PureBasic << [cymbal crash, etc.]

"Star Trek Characters done in Commodore PETSCII"

https://twitter.com/StarTrekscii

Requests considered! Contact using the DM function on the Twitter page! You will be mentioned when/if the request is fulfilled and tweeted!

Some samples...

Kuron
Addict
Addict

Re: Star Trekscii

Post by Kuron »

This is A W E S O M E ! ! !

Finally, somebody is using Twitter for something worthwhile!
skywalk
Addict
Addict

Post by skywalk »

So great! But tell your grandson that Spock lives long and prospers with his signature hand sign. That should be shown on his avatar.
The nice thing about standards is there are so many to choose from. ~ Andrew Tanenbaum
_aNdy_
User
User

Post by _aNdy_ »

Kuron wrote:This is A W E S O M E ! ! !
Finally, somebody is using Twitter for something worthwhile!
Very kind, thank you!
skywalk wrote:So great! But tell your grandson that Spock lives long and prospers with his signature hand sign. That should be shown on his avatar.
Great suggestion about the 'Vulcan salute'! I'll see if it's possible for him to do a version of this!

The plan is to do multiple versions of the same character to reflect the character in different episodes and movies - if you visit the Twitter page, there are already 5 Spock versions from different films, in different costumes and uniforms, etc!

For example, here is another sample, Spock from the 'Mirror Universe'...

oreopa
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by oreopa »

Hi andy, LTNS!

I'm eagerly waiting for 6 of 9... beewbs!

EDIT: Have you still not used the Fletch sprite yet? :D
Proud supporter of PB! * Musician * C64/6502 Freak
_aNdy_
User
User

Post by _aNdy_ »

oreopa wrote:Hi andy, LTNS!
I'm eagerly waiting for 6 of 9... beewbs!
EDIT: Have you still not used the Fletch sprite yet? :D
Hi there! Hope you is well and all that!

You mean Seven of Nine? She's already done and will feature in the coming days/weeks...

Funny you mention the Fletch sprite. I was talking to Moloch about doing something with it when I finally get round to finishing 'Chiller 2'!
oreopa
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by oreopa »

jojo... lol "if 6 was 9" is a Jimi Hendrix song... lol... I'm getting old... ;) Glad to hear she is coming... (oo-er!)

Fletch deserves to be used for sure... I had always hoped to use him... but well, that never happened :)

All the best... Stay well all of you... hope to see you on ircnet...
Proud supporter of PB! * Musician * C64/6502 Freak
luis
Addict
Addict

Post by luis »

They are very well done, and with the PET characters set no less... I always admired Ascii art and this is certainly art for me.
Awesome stuff.
"Have you tried turning it off and on again ?"
A little PureBasic review
Kuron
Addict
Addict

Post by Kuron »

As you get older, it is very easy to be down on the younger generations. But this thread is proof that there is still some proper parenting out there and some kids are still being raised right!

^5's _aNdy_
_aNdy_
User
User

Post by _aNdy_ »

Thanks for the kind comments!
Kuron wrote:As you get older, it is very easy to be down on the younger generations. But this thread is proof that there is still some proper parenting out there and some kids are still being raised right!
My Grandson will be bypassing 'Scratch' and other 'programming' (using that word loosely) for kids 'languages' and going straight into 6502 and PureBasic when he is just a bit older... ;)

Can I pass my thanks to Fred for the awesome language PureBasic, which made it possible for me to code my screen editor 'ChillED', that then made it possible for my Grandson to be able to draw these easily. The editor exports to C64 formats, so further down the line these PETSCII's will work their way into a C64 slideshow demo.

Here's PureBasic compiling the editor, then being used to display a recent creation...

Cruster
User
User

Post by Cruster »

Cracking job there _aNdy_ ! And I reckon your Grandson will make you even more proud when he dives into 6502 and Purebasic. The Twitter account is great! :D
PureBasic 4.3 registered user
_aNdy_
User
User

Post by _aNdy_ »

Please take a look at the Twitter page for even more new PETSCII's!

We've even had a like from Levar Burton (TNG's Geordi LaForge) and a former TNG scenic artist!

https://twitter.com/StarTrekscii