Can't understand our world, we live in a world of stupids?

For everything that's not in any way related to PureBasic. General chat etc...
doctorized
Addict
Addict

Can't understand our world, we live in a world of stupids?

Post by doctorized »

First of all, I don't think I am a clever guy, I may be the most stupid one. Almost every time I have to talk to a representative from a company, the guy seems a lot of stupid to me. Let me explain. I needed to contact with my home ISP provider. I called the number. The automated phone system could not connect me with a representative. It told me some available options to say, I said many times the phrase of my inquiry but it kept telling me the options. The company offers chat contact. I did chat with a representative, I told him my problem with the internet, I also told him my problem with the automated calling system and ask to be called back (they can do that). He kept asking me what is my problem. I was telling him and he was advising me to call the number that I had the problem. I kept telling him that I couldn't connect with anyone calling this number but he kept asking what is the problem and then telling me call the problematic number. I thought it was a bot but I asked some questions like, tell me you name, your last name etc and I found out that he was a person, not a bot. Finally, I didn't find a solution with him and visited ISP's store to solve me internet issues.

A few months ago, I had a windows' problem. I used Microsoft's community forum to ask for help. In my mother language, I wrote with extremely detailed way what I did and what was my problem. The representative kept saying that he could not understand what was my problem and asked for details that I had already posted.

I have seen posts, thank God not in this forum, that someone asks something really clear, he also posts a picture showing the problem and many other tell him that they don't understand what is the problem.

There is also a long list with other circumstances like these I referred and I am asking you: are all these stupid or I think so?
Bisonte
Addict
Addict

Re: Can't understand our world, we live in a world of stupid

Post by Bisonte »

The most people, who work at these hotlines, are people from other "jobs" ... They have a list of the most common questions, and they have
to ask the customer these prepared things. Mostly they don't know about the things you want to know.
If it comes to an end the "calling agent" decided to route you to a technical or not.

But in most cases they are for "blocking" purposes, so an angry customer runs against a wall ;)
PureBasic 6.04 LTS (Windows x86/x64) | Windows10 Pro x64 | Asus TUF X570 Gaming Plus | R9 5900X | 64GB RAM | GeForce RTX 3080 TI iChill X4 | HAF XF Evo | build by vannicom​​
English is not my native language... (I often use DeepL to translate my texts.)
doctorized
Addict
Addict

Post by doctorized »

I told him "I have this problem, I can't deal with the calling center call me back" . What made him act this way? From the store they managed to call the company and I reported that guy as I had his full name. I didn't want him to get fired, just inform the company he is useless (at least in my eyes. If he can't do something that simple, then he is unsuitable for this seat).
Bitblazer
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Bitblazer »

Technical engineers/developers think differently than phone support people. Its a bit like one kind is on the inside, calls the bits by their firstname and knows them for years and has grown up with them while regular people (like phone support people usually are), look at them from the outside as numbers.

You could certainly solve any technical problem faster if you had the direct phone number of the engineer, but that would just screw the company as the engineer needs to work on the next major project that will be presented in 18 to 24 months. There is a good reason why the engineers are shielded by support people :P

I guess it comes down to a fundamental difference in understanding a product/technology.

So - you arent mad, you simply have a different level of understanding (just my guess, as i dont know you that well).

The question is now, how to find a process to bridge this gap? Some kind of formalized process - till we find a translator which can do that ;)

ps: our formalized solution for this (its not ideal) is basically a specially printed version of the FAQ
webpage - discord chat links -> purebasic GPT4All