Thank You Fred and freak!

For everything that's not in any way related to PureBasic. General chat etc...
Kuron
Addict
Addict

Thank You Fred and freak!

Post by Kuron »

I want to publicly thank Fred and freak. The life I have today, would not be possible without all of the effort the two of you (and others) have poured into PureBasic.

Five years ago, I started on two projects. Both were contract work. The first was a project for a major defense contractor, and the project had to be 64-bit. PureBasic was the only tool I considered for this project and it allowed me to complete the project on time, and I received a very good payout. The second project was scoring a film for a friend, which I did for free, but had a clause in the contract that if the film got picked up, I would see some $$. The film got picked up four years ago.

Five years ago, I also met the woman of my dreams. Four years ago, I suffered a very nasty concussion, that was unfortunately life-altering and left me with balance issues, severe vision issues, severe memory issues and recurring headaches. My fiancee stuck by me.

Three years ago, we decided to get married and start a life together. Because of those two projects, we were able to buy some beautiful property (just over 10 acres) and a home outside of Nashville, Tennessee. We also bought a small RV so we could getaway if we wanted to. Fate would give us ten cats and one dog (all rescue animals). Some pictures below.

I am still trying to get a new music studio built, but have not been able to, yet, due to finances. Unfortunately, wifey almost died a year ago and had to have four emergency surgeries (three of which were in a week and a half). After her surgeries, her medical insurance dropped her and left us with a ton of medical bills. But, a studio will come in time. I have all of the gear (as I had a nice studio back in Maryland), I just need a studio to put it in.

The plan is to spend the rest of my life running my studio and doing audio & video production, as well as lessons, instrument repair & custom building some guitars. Any programming now will be tools I need in the studio.

Thank You Fred and freak, for everything you have done for PureBasic and us users. Without your hard work, I would not have the life I do now. Also a very special thank you to netmaestro who is inarguably the most helpful and giving community member.

Cyllceaux
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: Thank You Fred and freak!

Post by Cyllceaux »

This is really cool 8)

I'm/we are proud of you :wink:
TI-994A
Addict
Addict

Post by TI-994A »

Good luck for the future, Kuron. :D
Texas Instruments TI-99/4A Home Computer: the first home computer with a 16bit processor, crammed into an 8bit architecture. Great hardware - Poor design - Wonderful BASIC engine. And it could talk too! Please visit my YouTube Channel :D
Fred
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Fred »

Happy to hear wheel of fortune to finally turning in the right way for you, best luck for your future projects
Dude
Addict
Addict

Post by Dude »

Thanks for sharing your story, Kuron. I love reading things like this. :)
Kuron
Addict
Addict

Post by Kuron »

I appreciate the kind words and support. Running the studio will allow me to keep working on my own music and make it self-supporting. But even all of my studio gear and many instruments in storage are all because of PureBasic.

Sadly post TBI, I find programming frustrating and seem to have forgotten much of it and have great difficulty relearning it.
Thorium
Addict
Addict

Post by Thorium »

Wow, very impressive and great to hear. Sounds like you deserve it!