Just a little question

For everything that's not in any way related to PureBasic. General chat etc...
ccode
User
User

Just a little question

Post by ccode »

Hi Fred and everyone involved.

Is there already a rough plan if "PureBasic 5.7 " will no longer be official "Beta "?

Thanks for any reply.

(Only pure curiosity)
skywalk
Addict
Addict

Re: Just a little question

Post by skywalk »

Hi ccode, beta's come in all sorts of frequencies. But they eventually go release at Fred's schedule.
I agree, this one is taking a bit longer in the beta phase but good things are worth the wait. :wink:
The nice thing about standards is there are so many to choose from. ~ Andrew Tanenbaum
Sicro
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Sicro »

As is well known, the PB team works according to the rule "It is done, when it is done".
I think it is a good thing. Stress often causes careless mistakes.
In the past, the beta phases were over much too quickly and the final release still contained annoying bugs.
Why OpenSource should have a license :: PB-CodeArchiv-Rebirth :: Pleasant-Dark (syntax color scheme) :: RegEx-Engine (compiles RegExes to NFA/DFA)
Manjaro Xfce x64 (Main system) :: Windows 10 Home (VirtualBox) :: Newest PureBasic version
IceSoft
Addict
Addict

Post by IceSoft »

It is only the first Beta.... I think that's not all what will be on it (I hope)
Belive!
<Wrapper>4PB, PB<game>, =QONK=, PetriDish, Movie2Image, PictureManager,...
ccode
User
User

Post by ccode »

I totally agree with you. I would still like to know if there is already a new documentation for PureBasic 5.7 and whether Andre is already working on a new German help translation for PureBasic 5.7.

(Only pure curiosity)
Andre
PureBasic Team
PureBasic Team

Post by Andre »

ccode wrote:I totally agree with you. I would still like to know if there is already a new documentation for PureBasic 5.7 and whether Andre is already working on a new German help translation for PureBasic 5.7.
No, unfortunately there isn't a new documentation yet. Without the english original I can't create a german translation too...
Like before new docs are often added at a later point of the beta phase 8)
Bye,
...André
(PureBasicTeam::Docs & Support - PureArea.net | Order:: PureBasic | PureVisionXP)
ccode
User
User

Post by ccode »

Ok!
Thanks for the nice info.
That satisfies my curiosity.

We're all going to have to wait a bit.
netmaestro
PureBasic Bullfrog
PureBasic Bullfrog

Post by netmaestro »

It will come out of beta when the team feels it's ready. The fact that this release is a LTS version is probably slowing it down somewhat compared to standard releases because it will be supported in its release state for two years with no changes. It has to start out solid.
BERESHEIT
Little John
Addict
Addict

Post by Little John »

netmaestro wrote:It will come out of beta when the team feels it's ready. The fact that this release is a LTS version is probably slowing it down somewhat compared to standard releases because it will be supported in its release state for two years with no changes. It has to start out solid.
I agree. However, it is not required that after Beta 1 directly follows the final version. ;-) I actually would appreciate it, when a PB 5.70 Beta 2 version would come "rather soon".