First Game written with PB

Advanced game related topics
BackupUser
PureBasic Guru
PureBasic Guru

Post by BackupUser »

Restored from previous forum. Originally posted by Schlumpf.

Since i was programming three years in vb, since i am registered PB User, I never used VB to make new things, only for debugging old ones. But coding with PB is much more fun, because there are no annoying installation routines just for a little tool, extremely small files, the speeeeeeeeeed of PB.

So, i never will make something new with vb , only with pb.

I never did write any game before (VB :)), so i tryed it with pb yesterday. I was astonished of the speed and the easyness.

What do you think about this kind of game? I'm looking for an good animation tool for the sprites, which ones do you use? Are there any sprite galleries on the web? Didn't find good sites.

Sorry, but the download is about 7 MB because of the background graphic (uncompressed 18 MB, so i decided to .rar it).

If you want, please try it and tell me what you think about ist, but: The sprites aren't animated yet, and there ist much to do.

Download it at: http:/http://www.notarforum.de/Game/Game.rar

Thanks to Fred and to all, who help him doing his work for this really fantastic programming language.

Volker
BackupUser
PureBasic Guru
PureBasic Guru

Post by BackupUser »

Restored from previous forum. Originally posted by Passant.

HI

I have tested your game. But first of all I want to say that it is no wonder, that the game is so big (filesize). You used a backgroundpicture that is about 18 MB (unpacked). So why don't you work with Jpg's?
Another thing is, that the mousespeed is to high, it would be better if the player could change mousespeed.
The Idea of this game is the classical "Moorhuhn-Game" and it's very funny, but you must animate all figures when you shot them dead.
Sorry for my bad English, I hope anybody understood anything of that what I said...
Ciao