3D acellerated 2D game

Advanced game related topics
BackupUser
PureBasic Guru
PureBasic Guru

Post by BackupUser »

Restored from previous forum. Originally posted by fred.

Ok.

Fred - AlphaSND
BackupUser
PureBasic Guru
PureBasic Guru

Post by BackupUser »

Restored from previous forum. Originally posted by chr1sb.
Originally posted by mindplay

chr1sb: the Sprite3DMode() function reference in the PB help lists the available modes - for detailed information about each mode, refer to the SDK
Thanks for the link, but...
I've already tried to understand the stuff in the DirectX SDK but I don't really know how it relates to the Sprite3dBlendingMode function.

For example: "D3DTOP_ADD Add the components of the arguments"

What are the arguments? where are they? what does SourceMode and DestinationMode in the PureBasic function refer to? the Sprite3D's texture and the background? or vice-versa? or something else entirely?

:cry: Hmm, well I guess that's why this command is "for advanced users only" because the DirectX SDK is way over my head.

As I've mentioned in the past, when I try to use the Sprite3DBlending mode it sometimes works on one computer and not on another, so I suppose my question should really have been:

:) Has anyone actually managed to figure out some numbers to use with Sprite3dBlendingMode function to do nice blending effects that will *definitely* work the same on all hardware accelerators?
BackupUser
PureBasic Guru
PureBasic Guru

Post by BackupUser »

Restored from previous forum. Originally posted by mindplay.

ordinary adding and ordinary blending should work on all cards - there is never any guarantee of course, but if you stick to those two, you should have more than enough to whip up some classy effects :)
BackupUser
PureBasic Guru
PureBasic Guru

Post by BackupUser »

Restored from previous forum. Originally posted by Jose.

Like the way you collect the bullets, very cool.
Shopro
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Shopro »

hello,

I tried to download BONK.zip, but the link seems to be broken.

Is there any other place I can download it?

thanks

-Shopro