I am running PB 5.73 LTS under fedora 33 with no problem PB was installed a few years ago and several versions ago and has been updated repeatedly without problems. My recollection is that there was a file on how to load shared libraries for ubuntu and I followed that. (some library name changes were needed). Once those were installed it ran smoothly. That file apparently has been replaced by this in the README file. For me the real trick was realizing that all the devel files had to be included along with the libraries.
- GTK+ 2.0 devel (and optionally GTK+ 1.2 devel for old application support)
- SDL 1.2 devel
- libstdc++ devel
- iodbc and iodbc-devel to be able to use the Database commands (see www.iodbc.org
- libwebkit.so shoud be installed to have the WebGadget() working
- xine and xine-devel for the Movie commands
- libgnomeprintui2.2 and libgnomeprintui2.2-devel for the print commands
My original notes list the ubuntu needs followed by the fedora names:
apt-get install gcc g++ libc6-dev libsdl1.2-dev libgtk2.0-dev libgnomeprint2.2-dev unixodbc-dev libgnome2-dev libxine-dev libgnomeprintui2.2-dev libxxf86vm-dev
for whatever that might be worth.
John R. Duchek