It is currently Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:07 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Linux problems..
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:14 pm 
Offline
User
User

Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:51 pm
Posts: 11
Dear Community,

I have noticed that on SliTaz linux for some reason I just can't compile any code I mean its says "[COMPILER]: Assembler Error" even to
Debug "TEST". I have checked the ./checkinstall file and its says everything is fine. I have tried to install the lastest fasm aswell still no success. Maybe its not a bug and I did something wrong but I have no clue.. I also tried older versions and I got the same result.

The OS version and either the PB is x86.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Linux problems..
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:16 am 
Offline
Addict
Addict
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:10 am
Posts: 1673
i havent even heard of SliTaz linux sorry but im wondering if all you need to do is apt-get install a missing package (i think sometimes in the past even when checkinstall.sh said everything was ok i still needed a couple packages to get it up and running). So i'm only guessing here! But i guess it can't hurt to install some common packages. If you just search this Linux subforum for "apt-get install" and browse through the results you mind find a winner:
search.php?keywords=%22apt-get+install%22&terms=all&author=&fid%5B%5D=15&sc=1&sf=msgonly&sk=t&sd=d&sr=topics&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

_________________
Thankyou to all the coders who generously helped & encouraged me in the nearly 2yrs when i was welcome here,
it was a tremendous privilege. I learned a lot. I wish you and your families all the best and success for the future.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Linux problems..
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:28 pm 
Offline
User
User

Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:51 pm
Posts: 11
Keya wrote:
i havent even heard of SliTaz linux sorry but im wondering if all you need to do is apt-get install a missing package (i think sometimes in the past even when checkinstall.sh said everything was ok i still needed a couple packages to get it up and running). So i'm only guessing here! But i guess it can't hurt to install some common packages. If you just search this Linux subforum for "apt-get install" and browse through the results you mind find a winner:
search.php?keywords=%22apt-get+install%22&terms=all&author=&fid%5B%5D=15&sc=1&sf=msgonly&sk=t&sd=d&sr=topics&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search


Thank you for your effort!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Linux problems..
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:40 pm 
Offline
Addict
Addict
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:10 am
Posts: 1673
any luck?

_________________
Thankyou to all the coders who generously helped & encouraged me in the nearly 2yrs when i was welcome here,
it was a tremendous privilege. I learned a lot. I wish you and your families all the best and success for the future.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Linux problems..
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:21 pm 
Offline
User
User

Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:51 pm
Posts: 11
Keya wrote:
any luck?


For some reason its doesnt work :(


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Linux problems..
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:09 am 
Offline
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2005 1:05 pm
Posts: 693
Was this problem ever solved? I am having the same problem with [COMPILER] Assembler Errors on Lubuntu (Ubuntu lite) on a VMWare virtual machine. I am able to launch the IDE but it doesn't compile.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Linux problems..
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:00 am 
Offline
Addict
Addict
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2003 9:16 am
Posts: 2078
Location: Germany
chris319 wrote:
Was this problem ever solved? I am having the same problem with [COMPILER] Assembler Errors on Lubuntu (Ubuntu lite) on a VMWare virtual machine. I am able to launch the IDE but it doesn't compile.

Did you already try the checkinstall script as described above?

_________________
bye,
Daniel


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Linux problems..
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:44 am 
Offline
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2005 1:05 pm
Posts: 693
I'll try it, but note that the guy who posted that said he ran checkinstall and it said all was well, and he was still getting assembler errors. He never did report that the problem was solved.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Linux problems..
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:29 am 
Offline
Addict
Addict
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 12, 2006 6:51 pm
Posts: 1478
Location: Germany
My Base for Purebasic development
Quote:
For MacOS Parallels Tools and Purebasic
---------------------------------------
sudo apt-get install build-essential gcc g++


Purebasic
---------
sudo apt-get install libxxf86vm-dev libxine2-dev unixodbc-dev libsdl1.2-dev libsdl2-dev

sudo apt-get install libgtk2.0-dev libgtk-3-dev libwebkitgtk-dev libwebkitgtk-3.0-dev libwebkit2gtk-4.0-dev


Subsystem qt
------------
sudo apt-get install qtbase5-dev qttools5-dev qtmultimedia5-dev qtdeclarative5-dev libqt5svg5-dev libqt5webkit5-dev libqt5multimedia5-plugins


PB-Editor
---------
sudo apt install libcanberra-gtk-module


_________________
My Projects OOP-BaseClass / OOP-BaseClassDispatch / Event-Designer /
PB v3.30 / v5.60 - OS Mac Mini OSX 10.xx - VM Window Pro / Linux Ubuntu
Downloads on my Webspace


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Linux problems..
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:18 pm 
Offline
Addict
Addict
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2003 9:16 am
Posts: 2078
Location: Germany
chris319 wrote:
I'll try it, but note that the guy who posted that said he ran checkinstall and it said all was well, and he was still getting assembler errors. He never did report that the problem was solved.
But he is using some fancy linux distribution nobody has ever heard of. There could be other problems. Checkinstall usually helps finding out what is missing.

_________________
bye,
Daniel


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Linux problems..
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:07 am 
Offline
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2005 1:05 pm
Posts: 693
It compiles and runs now but throws an error on AddKeyboardShortcut().


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Linux problems..
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:10 am 
Offline
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2005 1:05 pm
Posts: 693
This worked. If it is so essential, can it be made a sticky post here?

I also installed the 32-bit version of Lubuntu

mk-soft wrote:
My Base for Purebasic development
Quote:
For MacOS Parallels Tools and Purebasic
---------------------------------------
sudo apt-get install build-essential gcc g++


Purebasic
---------
sudo apt-get install libxxf86vm-dev libxine2-dev unixodbc-dev libsdl1.2-dev libsdl2-dev

sudo apt-get install libgtk2.0-dev libgtk-3-dev libwebkitgtk-dev libwebkitgtk-3.0-dev libwebkit2gtk-4.0-dev


Subsystem qt
------------
sudo apt-get install qtbase5-dev qttools5-dev qtmultimedia5-dev qtdeclarative5-dev libqt5svg5-dev libqt5webkit5-dev libqt5multimedia5-plugins


PB-Editor
---------
sudo apt install libcanberra-gtk-module



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

 


Powered by phpBB © 2008 phpBB Group
subSilver+ theme by Canver Software, sponsor Sanal Modifiye