Page 3 of 3

Re: [Framework] OpenGL Accelerated 2D Engine (with SFML)

Posted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:48 pm
by Env
(Still waiting on response from Admins here or from support email...)

Update:

Events handling completely overhauled to make it more clean and PureBasic-esque, and weird bugs passing information back fixed. Joystick, Keyboard, Mouse handling completed.

https://gitlab.com/mfwlib/sample - Please note significant change with event handling for anyone using it in their projects

Re: [Framework] OpenGL Accelerated 2D Engine (with SFML)

Posted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:15 am
by leonhardt
Env wrote:(Still waiting on response from Admins here or from support email...)

Update:

Events handling completely overhauled to make it more clean and PureBasic-esque, and weird bugs passing information back fixed. Joystick, Keyboard, Mouse handling completed.

https://gitlab.com/mfwlib/sample - Please note significant change with event handling for anyone using it in their projects
nice work!

Re: [Framework] OpenGL Accelerated 2D Engine (with SFML)

Posted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:12 pm
by Joubarbe
Do you still intend to implement Squirrel? PB needs more scripting languages :)

Re: [Framework] OpenGL Accelerated 2D Engine (with SFML)

Posted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:16 pm
by Env
Joubarbe wrote:Do you still intend to implement Squirrel? PB needs more scripting languages :)
I've actually taken Squirrel out and have implemented Wren (https://wren.io) (as it was more suitable for the main project needs, and it works so nicely, whereas squirrel hasn't been updated in a long time) - Working example can be found in the gitlab repo: https://gitlab.com/mfwlib/sample

Also finishing up the Linux x64 build (this required some changes to the library code, namely swapping out unicode strings for utf8 - all handled in the mfw include)

Note: Running the example now requires you to create a temporary executable in the source dir, though the linux x64 support update allows you to specify the corelib directory as an optional argument.


Note: I might start a new thread with this, as despite emails to support and contacting 3 admins directly on here a good while ago regarding issues logging into my IndigoFuzz account, none of the admins have even given me a reply.

Re: [Framework] OpenGL Accelerated 2D Engine (with SFML)

Posted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:23 am
by Joubarbe
Very impressive. But yeah, I'm pretty sure people would be very interested in your implementation of Wren. To me it looks like something I've been waiting for a long time (I don't like LUA). You should make a thread for this only. Thank you!

Re: [Framework] OpenGL Accelerated 2D Engine (with SFML)

Posted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:53 pm
by Env
Joubarbe wrote:Very impressive. But yeah, I'm pretty sure people would be very interested in your implementation of Wren. To me it looks like something I've been waiting for a long time (I don't like LUA). You should make a thread for this only. Thank you!
I could separate it out into its own standalone library. Once I've added more to the abstraction layer above the raw calls and have a build pipeline for Linux too I'll do that

Re: [Framework] OpenGL Accelerated 2D Engine (with SFML)

Posted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:46 am
by Joubarbe
Great! I didn't know Wren before and I've read the doc, it really looks good. I also bought the author's book about video game's design patterns; it has a very good approach on the subject.

Well, back to your framework now :)