It is currently Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:49 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Vector Curve Designer for PureBasic
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 2:37 am 
PureBasic Bullfrog
PureBasic Bullfrog

Code and info for this tool may be found here: https://www.purebasic.fr/english/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=75326

Here is the download for the beta 1.0 version: https://lloydsplace.com/CurveDesigner.zip

What it is:

It's a tool that provides WYSIWYG control of PureBasic's AddPathCurve command. You can load an image, trace its curves and copy/paste the generated code (all platforms) or use as an external tool and deposit the code directly in the IDE (Windows only for now).

If this tool is of interest to you, try it out and put it through its paces. If you find any bugs, report them here.

Have fun with it and I hope it saves a lot of hard work, as AddPathCurve can be pretty daunting without something like this.

Post subject: Re: Vector Curve Designer for PureBasic
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 6:40 am 
PureBasic Bullfrog
PureBasic Bullfrog

Found a bug and fixed it, download file is updated. Current version identifies as Beta 1.01. Code in T&T is updated too.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 9:14 pm 
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Windows says:
Detected Trojan:win32/Ludicrouz.B

Again and again the same probleme with most PB codes :cry:

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 9:21 pm 
PureBasic Bullfrog
PureBasic Bullfrog

It's the code posted in T&T compiled with PB 5.72 x86 for Windows. Nothing more or less, just the posted code. Pretty sure I didn't write any trojans in it.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 7:05 am 
Addict
Addict

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/5f3 ... /detection

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 7:08 am 
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I know :wink: but false positives are common on PB executables. it's a really bad thing if we have to send the code to clients :cry:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:28 am 
PureBasic Bullfrog
PureBasic Bullfrog

100+ downloads, no bugs reported. Released for version 1.0.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:41 am 
Addict
Addict

Very nice tool! My only suggestion: have a keyboard shortcut for the "Commit This Curve" button, because I don't like moving my mouse left and right between panels to do it. I'd rather keep clicking in the design panel (with my right hand) and then press a key when required to commit it (using my left hand). Other than that, it's excellent!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:54 pm 
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Caronte3D wrote:
I know :wink: but false positives are common on PB executables. it's a really bad thing if we have to send the code to clients :cry:

In which situation and to whom does this happen? I use PB for 30+ different projects which are naturally all "unknown" as they keep getting changed and I keep my KIS AV and windows always up to date and dont have these problems. Have you verified that it isnt something on your development machine which creates the problem? Either something hostile which infects binaries on creation or simply a defective antivirus?

Scan your machine with one of the standalone antivirus boot CDs (https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf=ALe ... +antivirus to be safe. If you find something fishy, make sure it is not instantly infecting you again during boot if other machines in your local network are infected too.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:21 am 
User
User

Thanks for sharing this useful program and it's source code. :)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:28 am 
Addict
Addict

Bitblazer wrote:
In which situation and to whom does this happen? I use PB for 30+ different projects which are naturally all "unknown" as they keep getting changed and I keep my KIS AV and windows always up to date and dont have these problems. Have you verified that it isnt something on your development machine which creates the problem?

Have you not seen the various discussions about false positives with PureBasics in this forum? Here's a few links:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=69166
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=74013
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=74182

Our PCs are NOT infected; I've done clean installs of Windows to test.

This link shows why my own apps are getting flagged (nothing to do with an infection):

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=74275

It's a sad situation.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:21 am 
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

BarryG wrote:
Bitblazer wrote:
In which situation and to whom does this happen? I use PB for 30+ different projects which are naturally all "unknown" as they keep getting changed and I keep my KIS AV and windows always up to date and dont have these problems. Have you verified that it isnt something on your development machine which creates the problem?

Have you not seen the various discussions about false positives with PureBasics in this forum? Here's a few links:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=69166
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=74013
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=74182

Our PCs are NOT infected; I've done clean installs of Windows to test.

This link shows why my own apps are getting flagged (nothing to do with an infection):

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=74275

It's a sad situation.

That sounds like a specific AV is involved. I am using windows defender and KIS running on windows 7 64bit and windows 10 64bit and initially i had false positive issues too. But i reported the binaries and kaspersky analysed my binaries and updated their detection. Since that time, i have no issues anymore with PB compilations being reported as false positives.

So which AV does these reports and when? Compile a simple console app which just outputs "hello world". Does that get a false positive? Or is it one of the many additional libraries that most applications use?

You can download 32bit and 64bit executables including the source of my checksome tool written in purebasic here. Does your AV think they are infected? Which infection does it report?

I hope the download works, there is currently a minor configuration problem at my webhoster. Otherwise we can talk on discord and use an alternative method to exchange the files.

That hybrid-analysis site just seems to list plenty of reasons "why somebody might flag an application as malware". So what? Every single one of own tools probably violates at least one of those "rules" but none of my tools get flagged at all here.

Those "rules" are really mostly nonsense and i would definately replace any AV that used them to raise false positives.
Come on - a crappy AV is a crappy AV - you simply can't avoid triggering something like "is this one of microsoft or my own tools? no. then i better flag it as malware to be sure" ;)

Just switch to a decent AV if that happens, but be fair and first report your false positive binaries so your AV creator can fix the detection.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:57 am 
Addict
Addict

Bitblazer wrote:
Compile a simple console app which just outputs "hello world". Does that get a false positive?

It sure does (3 malware flags) -> https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/e78 ... /detection

Here's all it consists of:

Code:
OpenConsole()
Print("hello world")
Input()

But all this has been discussed in the other links I posted, so we really shouldn't drag it into this thread.