It is currently Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:02 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: RAD Game Development Tool
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:52 pm 
User
User

Hello, i recently purchased Purebasic to create some tools to use it in my own games and after i finish them I decided to start a new huge project with the idea of having fun, learn and maybe some time release it for sale.

The initial idea is to build a tool based on RPG Maker but with their own unique features. I always seen as a downside for the new versions of this program that it looks restricted to high definition pixel art instead of letting the users decide their own game definition. So this program will allow the users to select that.

Also another downside of RPG Maker is that the list of events its messy so I want to create a visual language editor similar to Unreal Kismet, I would probably use a canvas gadget for this ;P

The runner will be the LUA game engine Love2D or Javascript based on Pixi.js, I didnt decide it but for the moment the Love2D option looks more interesting. I dont wantt to create the runner in PB cause it wouldnt have compatibility with mobile devices.

For the moment i have just an initial layout of the program, nothing working, just the idea and ilusion to do it

I thought it would be interesting to have feedback, thoughts, etc
Ah also this project will probably take a lot to be completed

Post subject: Re: RAD Game Development Tool
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:30 pm 
User
User

I have the first big feature implemented, its the first version of map editor, here you can see it working

Behold the autotile positioning
- From 12 tiles it generates 36 tile variations
- This variations are automatically placed in the editor according to the place you are drawing

Right now it still uses RMK2K tilesets so its coded in order to use that kind of tilesets but in the future it will allow the user to set the tilesets as they want.

Im wondering if i post in the wrong forum, should i post this on showcase forum? if some administrator wants to move it please do it :)

Update November 24 - 2020
Now it supports animated tiles, clever animated tiles and groups of clever tiles

The next thing i will work it will be a several map manager and the tilemanagement