It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:20 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: HTML5 Browser
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:42 pm 
Offline
Addict
Addict
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:25 pm
Posts: 3655
Location: Berlin, Germany
When after the start of Forkle I change its window size with the mouse and then press [F1], Forkle again changes the window size automatically. Something similar happens after clicking "About Forkle" on the menu. The user has a reason for choosing a particular window position and size, so something like that shouldn't happen.

_________________
Please excuse my flawed English. My native language is PureBasic.
Search
RSBasic's backups


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: HTML5 Browser
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:30 pm 
Offline
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:58 am
Posts: 463
Little John wrote:
Tested with Forkle 0.65.0.418

OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, version 1809
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4200M CPU @ 2.50GHz 64 bit
GPU: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600

60 FPS, smooth animation, CPU usage ~ 11 %, RAM usage ~ 76 MB


Problem:
I wanted to get back to this forum page that contains the link by pressing [Alt]+[<-].
That did not work, so I was "captured" on the ocean demo page. The same already happened to me before when I viewed PDF files on the internet with Forkle. This is a serious flaw.


Should be fixed in 0.65.0.443. Please can you check/confirm?

I'll look at the other 2 issues as soon as I get a bit more time.

_________________
Warning - Proud GOTO lover ahead!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: HTML5 Browser
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:28 pm 
Offline
Addict
Addict
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:25 pm
Posts: 3655
Location: Berlin, Germany
Tested with Forkle 0.65.0.443

Going back to the previous page by pressing [Alt]+[<-] now works with that ocean demo page.

It still does not work with the PDF files on the internet that I tested, e.g. with this one:
https://math.dartmouth.edu/~doyle/docs/ ... scan/3.pdf

Maybe it has something got to do with the fact that I have installed the "PDF-XChange Editor" on my system, and as far as I can see, the PDF pages are displayed by a plugin of that program. However, the PDF content is shown inside of the Forkle window. Going back from that PDF file is no problem e.g. with MS Edge or Firefox.

_________________
Please excuse my flawed English. My native language is PureBasic.
Search
RSBasic's backups


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: HTML5 Browser
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:26 am 
Offline
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:58 am
Posts: 463
Little John wrote:
Tested with Forkle 0.65.0.443

Going back to the previous page by pressing [Alt]+[<-] now works with that ocean demo page.

It still does not work with the PDF files on the internet that I tested, e.g. with this one:
https://math.dartmouth.edu/~doyle/docs/ ... scan/3.pdf

Maybe it has something got to do with the fact that I have installed the "PDF-XChange Editor" on my system, and as far as I can see, the PDF pages are displayed by a plugin of that program. However, the PDF content is shown inside of the Forkle window. Going back from that PDF file is no problem e.g. with MS Edge or Firefox.


Third-party plugins are not officially supported in Forkle, although some may partially work.
In this specific case, I can only suggest the following workaround (but I'm not even sure that would work): When on a PDF page, try this sequence: [Alt]+[D] then [Alt]+[<-]

_________________
Warning - Proud GOTO lover ahead!


Last edited by firace on Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: HTML5 Browser
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:29 am 
Offline
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:58 am
Posts: 463
Little John wrote:
Translating selected text by pressing Ctrl + Shift + T is a very good idea. Thanks for that!

However, when I'm trying to translate English text, I always get a translation from English to English. :-)
This is an example of a URL that Forkle generates:
Quote:
https://translate.google.com/#view=home&op=translate&sl=auto&tl=en&text=captured

"tl" probably means "target language", doesn't it?
I think it would be more suitable in most cases if Forkle would check the language of the user's system ("de" in my case), and then use that as the target language.


As of 0.65.0.445 (released today), a preference called "GTranslateDefaultTargetLanguage" has been added to the misc.ini config file. Try to change its value from "en" to "de" (and restart Forkle.)

_________________
Warning - Proud GOTO lover ahead!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: HTML5 Browser
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:31 am 
Offline
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:58 am
Posts: 463
Little John wrote:
When after the start of Forkle I change its window size with the mouse and then press [F1], Forkle again changes the window size automatically. Something similar happens after clicking "About Forkle" on the menu. The user has a reason for choosing a particular window position and size, so something like that shouldn't happen.


Good point indeed - Should be fixed in 0.65.0.445 :)

_________________
Warning - Proud GOTO lover ahead!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: HTML5 Browser
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:10 pm 
Offline
Addict
Addict
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:25 pm
Posts: 3655
Location: Berlin, Germany
firace wrote:
As of 0.65.0.445 (released today), a preference called "GTranslateDefaultTargetLanguage" has been added to the misc.ini config file. Try to change its value from "en" to "de" (and restart Forkle.)

Works fine now. This feature is pretty much time saving. Image

firace wrote:
Good point indeed - Should be fixed in 0.65.0.445 :)

The window size is not altered anymore. Thank you!

I still detected two glitches, sorry.

a) I ran
Code:
forkle.exe https://www.purebasic.fr/english/
then pressed [F1] and then [Esc]. Now just pressing [F1] again does NOT show the help, but I have to press [F1] twice. It's similar with clicking at the "Quick start" menu entry.

b) The page that is shown after clicking "About Forkle" in the main menu looks somewhat strange in many cases, because resizing the main Forkle window doesn't have an effect on the "gadget" containing the license information. So if the main window is rather big, there are big white margins, and if the main window is rather small, the license information is not completely visible, and the big "Forkle" name can be on top of the text of the license information.

_________________
Please excuse my flawed English. My native language is PureBasic.
Search
RSBasic's backups


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: HTML5 Browser
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:44 am 
Offline
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:58 am
Posts: 463
Little John wrote:
I still detected two glitches, sorry.

a) I ran
Code:
forkle.exe https://www.purebasic.fr/english/
then pressed [F1] and then [Esc]. Now just pressing [F1] again does NOT show the help, but I have to press [F1] twice. It's similar with clicking at the "Quick start" menu entry.

b) The page that is shown after clicking "About Forkle" in the main menu looks somewhat strange in many cases, because resizing the main Forkle window doesn't have an effect on the "gadget" containing the license information. So if the main window is rather big, there are big white margins, and if the main window is rather small, the license information is not completely visible, and the big "Forkle" name can be on top of the text of the license information.


Thanks for the reports, I've added them to my issue list.
And no need to be sorry :)

_________________
Warning - Proud GOTO lover ahead!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: HTML5 Browser
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:13 am 
Offline
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:58 am
Posts: 463
0.65.0.520 is out, with a few bugfixes and a new (completely optional) simple start page. The links can be modified by manually editing the start.html file.
To disable this feature, just rename or delete the start.html file.

_________________
Warning - Proud GOTO lover ahead!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: HTML5 Browser
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:14 pm 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:05 pm
Posts: 1098
Location: Germany::Berlin()
Very interesting. Thank you for your great work.

_________________
ImageImageImageImage Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: HTML5 Browser
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:51 am 
Offline
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:58 am
Posts: 463
The latest release (v0.67.0.692) has a few bugfixes and adds the ability to view PDF files (using the open source PDF.js Mozilla library). It's not intended to be a full-fledged PDF viewer, but can be useful for casual viewing purposes. Access it using the Alt+P keyboard combo, then drag and drop a PDF file on to the Forkle window.
(Note: a current limitation is that it can only open local files, not remote URLs.)

_________________
Warning - Proud GOTO lover ahead!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: HTML5 Browser
PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:45 pm 
Offline
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:58 am
Posts: 463
Minor update 0.68.0.718 has been released.
Includes a few bugfixes in the error handling and page rendering areas.

Just curious, I'd love to know if some people are still using this browser?
In the last 6 months I've been using it for 90-95% of my browsing needs (and Edge for the rest).

_________________
Warning - Proud GOTO lover ahead!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: HTML5 Browser
PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:55 pm 
Offline
Addict
Addict
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:25 pm
Posts: 3655
Location: Berlin, Germany
firace wrote:
Minor update 0.68.0.718 has been released.
Includes a few bugfixes in the error handling and page rendering areas.

Just curious, I'd love to know if some people are still using this browser?

I still enjoy using Forkle on my USB thumb drive.
Thank you for maintaining it :!:

_________________
Please excuse my flawed English. My native language is PureBasic.
Search
RSBasic's backups


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: HTML5 Browser
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:00 pm 
Offline
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2006 4:34 am
Posts: 529
Forkle sounds interesting to try.
But the download link leads to download forkle_x64.zip with 0 bytes?
Is this program no longer available?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: HTML5 Browser
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:04 pm 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:05 pm
Posts: 1098
Location: Germany::Berlin()
I can confirm that.
Alternatively you can download it here: https://www.rsbasic.de/backups/ :arrow: forkle_x64.zip

_________________
ImageImageImageImage Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

 


Powered by phpBB © 2008 phpBB Group
subSilver+ theme by Canver Software, sponsor Sanal Modifiye