HTML5 Browser

Developed or developing a new product in PureBasic? Tell the world about it.
forumuser
User
User

Re: HTML5 Browser

Post by forumuser »

I might add a "-danger" command-line switch to be able to bypass security requirements.
That would be great!
Kiffi
Addict
Addict

Post by Kiffi »

forumuser wrote:
I might add a "-danger" command-line switch to be able to bypass security requirements.
That would be great!
indeed. My office computer is managed by IT. So I don't get the security updates immediately, but only after the updates have been checked.
Hygge
Little John
Addict
Addict

Post by Little John »

firace wrote:You may also test Forkle's URL homograph phishing detection feature with the "proof-of-concept" link to a fake apple.com website at this blog:

https://www.xudongz.com/blog/2017/idn-phishing/

(Compare with Firefox for instance!)
Impressive and important! Many thanks!

[posted with Forkle]
Little John
Addict
Addict

Post by Little John »

I encountered an issue with the current version 0.63.0.150, which can for instance be reproduced lke this
  • Open https://www.google.com/
  • Search for "MarkdownPad" (without the quotes)
  • Google will show several hits.
  • Click at the first result, which is the link to the website of that program
    (http://markdownpad.com/).
  • Then Forkle will show "DISALLOWED PROTOCOL: HTTP".
So far, so good.
But then I wanted to go back to Google's search results page by pressing [Alt]+[<--].
This is not possible, Forkle keeps showing me the "DISALLOWED PROTOCOL: HTTP" page.
Little John
Addict
Addict

Post by Little John »

In version 0.63.0.150, there is a bug with pressing [Ctrl]+[F]:
Ideally, the [F] key has to be pressed very briefly. Otherwise there will be multiple instances of the find dialog above each other. Sometimes the program is even hanging then.
Little John
Addict
Addict

Post by Little John »

With Forkle 0.63.0.150, displaying the PurBasic forum and then pressing [Alt]+[Enter] shows the following result here (Windows 10, DPI 125% if that matters):

I don't think that showing the black bars is intended.
firace
Addict
Addict

Post by firace »

@Little John: Thanks for the detailed bug reports!

Can you try the latest build, which should address them? Note that I could not reproduce the Ctrl+F bug on my system, so please let me know if it is still present. Also, note that the fix for the first bug is just a quick workaround, until I have time to improve the entire error message workflow.
Little John
Addict
Addict

Post by Little John »

firace, many thanks for the quick bug fixes!
All three bugs that I mentioned are gone now. :-)
Little John
Addict
Addict

Post by Little John »

On the following page, there is a series of pictures (scroll a bit down):
https://www.heise.de/download/specials/Must-Have-Software-fuer-Windows-PCs-3168425

With Firefox, it looks like this:

With Forkle 0.63.0.195, it looks like this:

The two arrows are missing. Clicking at the places where the arrows should be has the desired effect, though.
firace
Addict
Addict

Post by firace »

Little John wrote:On the following page, there is a series of pictures (scroll a bit down):
https://www.heise.de/download/specials/Must-Have-Software-fuer-Windows-PCs-3168425
Hmm.. Can't reproduce this. I do get the arrows in Forkle just fine. Could be DPI related? I will add it to my issue list.

Just as a reminder, Forkle supports a good portion of the full HTML5 spec but not everything. So some specific sites may fail to render. However in my (limited) testing, heise.de appears to work fine.
Little John
Addict
Addict

Post by Little John »

The issue does not seem to be DPI related. It appears on my private PC (Windows 10) with Forkle at all tested resolutions: DPI 100%, 125% and 150%. Same problem here with Internet Explorer 11. No problem here with Firefox (as shown), Edge and Chrome.

This problem does not occur with Forkle on my PC at work (Windows 10).
firace
Addict
Addict

Post by firace »

Little John wrote:The issue does not seem to be DPI related. It appears on my private PC (Windows 10) with Forkle at all tested resolutions: DPI 100%, 125% and 150%. Same problem here with Internet Explorer 11. No problem here with Firefox (as shown), Edge and Chrome.

This problem does not occur with Forkle on my PC at work (Windows 10).
I would suggest checking if font download is enabled in your Internet Options for the Internet Zone:

Little John
Addict
Addict

Post by Little John »

firace wrote:I would suggest checking if font download is enabled in your Internet Options for the Internet Zone:
You are a genius! :-) Font download was disabled here, and enabling it fixed the problem! Thanks again for detailed instructions!
firace
Addict
Addict

Post by firace »

Little John wrote:
firace wrote:I would suggest checking if font download is enabled in your Internet Options for the Internet Zone:
You are a genius! :-) Font download was disabled here, and enabling it fixed the problem! Thanks again for detailed instructions!
No problem :D
I just spent way too much time playing around with those obscure internet settings over the years...
firace
Addict
Addict

Post by firace »

A new release (0.64.0.224) is available, with the following noteworthy changes.

Forkle can now be made to bypass patch-level security checks. To do so, simply rename the executable to forkle_nsc.exe before starting it.
Again, this is not recommended - proceed only if you know what you are doing and have strong security measures already in place.

Note that this may become a command-line argument in a future version.

A new shortcut (introduced in the previous release actually) is Ctrl+Shift+Q, which instantly terminates all active Forkle instances.