SAP and the PureBasic SAP GUI Scripting Tool

Developed or developing a new product in PureBasic? Tell the world about it.
Stefan Schnell
User
User

SAP and the PureBasic SAP GUI Scripting Tool

Post by Stefan Schnell »

Hello community,

in my business I work since years with SAP. It is an enterprise resource platform for business processes. In my case for statuary health insurances in Germany. Also I use PureBasic since years, my favorite programming language. So it was no question to combine the possibilities. Let me tell you in this frame about one of my successful products - the Scripting Tracker. It is an SAP UI automation utility and a replacement to the SAP GUI Scripting Development Tools. It includes an SAP GUI analyzer, comparator, recorder on SAP GUI Scripting base and a SAP GUI Scripting API viewer. Scripting Tracker has thousands of business users around the world. The actual version includes first approaches of web UI automation.

I started the development of this tool in October 2012. The first version calls GAly (GUI Analyzer) and I build it with PureBasic 4.61.

On the 1st of February 2013 I renamed the tool to Scripting Tracker and I build it with PureBasic 5.00. Now, nearly six years later, it offers all necessary possibilties to automize the SAP GUI. E.g. it includes a recorder which allows to create code from your SAP GUI for Windows activities. The recorder offers support for different programming languages like PowerShell, VBScript, AutoIt, Python and Java.

But in all this years not only the sun was shining. Business environments are very restrictive. Each year I have problems with our computer security, because virus scanners delivers false positive results. So I have discussions and activities with the manufacturer of virus scanner to set Scripting Tracker on the white list.

Last but not least, PureBasic is an excellent and powerful programming language for business use cases. Also PureBasic is since years a faithful companion for these fields of application, as you can see in the Scripting Tracker example. I don't want to do without it in the world. Thanks to Fred, the entire developer team and the whole community. The success of Scripting Tracker is also your success. I hope that we will go side by side for many more years.

Cheers
Stefan
Dude
Addict
Addict

Re: SAP and the PureBasic SAP GUI Scripting Tool

Post by Dude »

My workplace uses SAP GUI and until now, I never really paid any attention to it. Now that you've mentioned PureBasic can be used with SAP GUI, I have a new interest in learning more about it. So, thanks! :)
Kukulkan
Addict
Addict

Re: SAP and the PureBasic SAP GUI Scripting Tool

Post by Kukulkan »

Great! Thank you for sharing this story and some insights! :)